- On April 13, 2020, Dr. Peter Tun (Khin Tun) passed away.
- He was the first medical doctor in the UK to succumb to COVID-19.
- The sad story — lack of PPE at his ward (despite his requests to provide them) — was aired in the TV stations and covered in the newspapers.
- On April 13, 2021 — the first anniversary of his untimely death — the Royal Berkshire Hospital held a memorial for him and planted a cherry tree at the staff well-being center.
- The cherry tree was his favorite especially because his mother’s name is Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt (Cherry Tin Gyi).
- Dr. Peter Tun (MRCP) served for four years as Associate Dean at Oxford University.
- The Royal College of Physicians plan to confer a Fellowship to Dr. Peter Tun posthumously.