- Architect of Burma’s Independence
- Signed Aung San – Atlee Agreement
- It led to the Nu – Atlee Agreement that gave Independence.
- University Student Leader
- Chief Editor of Oway Magazine
- Refused to name the author of “Hell Hound Turned Loose”.
- He was expelled, resulting in the 1938 Universities Student Strike.
- Translated “Invictus“.
- National Unity & Solidarity Proponent
- Organized the Pinlon (Panlong) Agreement.
- The agreement was signed on February 12, 1947.
- February 12 is celebrated as Pyi Daung Su Nay.
- Gone but not forgotten
- He was a General, but he promised to step down after Independence.
- He was gunned down at the tender age of 32.
- Showed leadership & personal sacrifice
- He wore torn uniforms.
- He ate Pebyoke and Nanbya.
- Anti Fascist People’s Freedom League (AFPFL)
- He was a Co-founder.
- National Planning Advocate
- He displayed Nationalism and Patriotism by deeds and not words.