There is no standard way of representing Burmese names in English. “U” and “Oo” are spelling variants.
Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS 63, IM1 70)
- First in Burma in the Matriculation examination of 1963.
Had perfect scores of 100 in Mathematics and Chemistry and a score of 99 in Physics.
Grapevine says that one point was deducted from the initial score.
- Selected as “Lu Ye Chun” from IM (1)multiple times.
- Due to changes in the Education System, he had to do his Masters locally.
- His persistence paid off in getting Fellowships from UK and Australia and an MD.
- Retired from FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the USA.
- Volunteered as translator/interpreter for dhamma courses and meditation retreats.
- Young Khin Maung U can be seen standing from left in the second last row in the photo taken in Std. VIII(A) at SPHS.
- A newspaper clipping shows the top Matriculates from SPHS in 1963 led by Khin Maung U.
Khin Maung Oo (Ivan, M69)
- Did his MS in the USA.
- Completed two PEs (one for New York and another for New Jersey).
- Successful entrepreneur.
- Multiple Golden Sponsor for SPZPs.
- Hosted annual gatherings at his New Jersey home for RIT and UCC Alumni (with Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi and Saya U Soe Paing as Honored Guests).
- Co-founder and Patron of MASTA
- See Family Photo
Khin Maung Oo (Master Mariner)
- PBRS Alumni
- Taught in Burma and Malaysia.
- Lives in Houston.
He and his spouse Daw Tin Tin Win are helping the Burmese sea men visiting the Houston port.