Update : January 26, 2021
Some Paulian Doctors
Dr. Nyunt Tin (SPHS52, GBNF)
- Stood First in Burma in the Matriculation of 1952
- Father : Sithu U Tin
- Brother : U Han Tin
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60)
- Top Paulian in his class, but the Brothers were disappointed when he missed the top five positions by a mark each.
- Founded the group “Alumni of the Institute of Medicine in Myanmar (Overseas)” and wrote about his mentors and other trail blazers.
Others from SPHS60
- Dr. Myo Myint
- Dr. Alan Bahn
- Dr. Min Lwin
- Dr. Nyan Win
- Dr. Saw Naing (Henry)
- Dr. Than Toe
Dr. Kyaw Win (Robin Ban, SPHS61)
- Stood 2nd in Burma in 1961.
Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS63)
- Stood 1st in Burma in 1963.
- First student to have almost perfect score in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics with 299 marks out of the possible 300. Grapevine says that one Chief Examiner gave him 100 and then reluctantly took back a mark.
Others from SPHS63
Min Oo (2nd in Burma) chose to study Mathematics. He completed his doctorate in Germany and taught in Germany, US (as visiting Professor) and Canada.
- Dr. Myo San (Freddie Ba San, 3rd, GBNF)
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor Nyunt, 4th)
- Dr. Thein Wai (5th)
- Dr. Aung Kyaw Zaw (Johnnie Maung Maung, 9th)
- Dr. Khin Maung Zaw (Frank Gale, 17th)
- Dr. Myint Soe (Benjamin)
- Dr. Maung Maung Aye (GBNF)
- Dr. Freddie Sein (GBNF)
- Dr. Aung Thwin (OG, GBNF)
Dr. Aung Win Chiong (SPHS64, USA)
- Had the second highest “raw” score behind Dr. Cherry Hlaing (Than Than Tin) and Dr. Lyn Aung Thet.
Had a perfect ILA score and was admitted to IM(2) as Roll Number One.
He is now retired.
Spouse : Dr. Winnie Tan (co-founder of USA Con-Bro Association)
Others from SPHS64
- Dr. Min Lwin (Maurice Hla Kyi, SPHS64)
Had the fifth highest “raw” score
Admitted to IM(2) as Roll Number Two.
Has medical practice in UK and Myanmar.
Doctors from SPHS65
- Dr. Yi Thwe (Specialist, UK) was admitted as Roll No (1) to MC
- Dr. Paing Soe (Freddie, retired Deputy Minister) had same marks as Dr. Yi Thwe.
He was admitted as Roll No (2) to MC
- Dr. Kyaw Min (Retired Dy DG, DMR)
- Dr. Hla Min (Retired OG)
- Forty four Paulians were admitted to MC in 1965.