Update : January 26, 2021
Dr. Soe Win
Dr. Soe Win (SPHS58) is the son of Saya Sein and the nephew of Saya Kyaw Sein.
- Stood first in the Matriculation in 1958. Robert Sein (SPHS58) was second in Burma.
- Studied Chemistry Honors.
- Received his doctorate from the University of London.
- Taught at Rangoon, Mandalay
- Principal, Pyay College
- Administrator, ICST
- Retired as Rector from YUFL (Yangon University of Foreign Languages).
- In 2018, Saya Dr. Soe Win and Sayama Daw May Saw Lwin celebrated their 48th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations.
- In 2019, Saya and Sayama invited us to join their 49th Anniversary Lunch at Saya San Shwe Bei Restaurant.
U Aung Mon (their elder son) and Dr. Lay May Yin also attended.
U Aung Mon and his younger brother Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Surgeon in UK) co-founded Gangaw Myay (Yar Pyie Tekkatho) Facebook Group for the RU Centennial and served as Admin.
They invited me to be a Moderator of the Group
- In 2020, Saya and Sayama celebrated their Golden Jubilee.
Ei (Nyi Nyi’s daughter) followed Saya’s footstep by scoring Top Grade in all subjects for the High School Proficiency Examination. She applied to four universities (including Oxford) and hopes to receive good news.
It is a time honored tradition to pay respect to one’s parents, mentors and elders. Garawa can be performed at any time.
Thadingyut is one occasion where most Burmese pay respect to their elders. In our younger days, some come to our parent’s house with BOC candles, bananas, or token items of gratitude.
Several former students (mostly retired Professors) paid respect to Saya Dr. Soe Win and Sayama Daw May Saw Lwin.
Dr. Soe Win wrote :
It’s absolutely amazing how you put together your Trivia (now up to 1537) with accuracy, correct timing and up-to-date. It’s not enough to say you are a walking encyclopedia. I enjoy and benefited by your Trivias as do many others. Thank you.
Some from SPHS 1958
- U Myo Min (UCC)
- U Khin Maung Htun (Patron, OPA, GBNF)
- U Myint Kyu Pe
- U Tin Win
- U John Tin Win
- Dr. Win Htin