Update : January 26, 2021
- December is the 10th month of the old Calendar.
Dec means Ten.
- December is the 12th and last month of the Gregorian Calendar.
It has 31 days
U Thant Ah Yay Ah Khinn (in 1974)
- Dark moment in the history of Burma
Apollo 8 (in 1968)
- Orbited the Moon in December 1968
- Astronauts : Frank Borman, James Lovell, Bill Anders
- New Year’s Eve
- Burma hosted the 2nd SEAP Games in December, 1961
- Burma hosted the 5th SEAP Games in December, 1969
Birthdays in December
There are several birthdays in December among my relatives and friends. They include
- Beloved spouse
- Elder sister
- Sayas : U Tin Maung Nyunt and Allen Htay (GBNF)
- Classmates : Maung Maung Kyi (Wales) and Aung Thu Yein (Brownie, GBNF).
Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt and my spouse are born on December 30.
Saya Allen Htay was born on December 31, and is a day younger than Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt.
Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt
- Saya celebrated his 83rd birthday on December 30, 2018 performing meritorious deeds
- Observed Eight Precepts and practice Vipassana Meditation
My Beloved Spouse
She had supported my volunteer activities for nearly five decades.
I completed 20+ years as Founder and Editor of “RIT Alumni Newsletter Updates”.
She attended several RIT gatherings starting with SPZP-2000. U Htaik San (Henry, M81, Past Captain and RUBC Gold) took our picture at the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles held at the Knott Berry Farms. U Thaung Sein (Steeve, EC70) and his Kay Family Foundation provided a matching fund of US $30000 for the event.
She is a Caring Spouse, a Dutiful Mother, and a Loving Grandmother. She asked me to take care of my health and minimize the long hours on the computer.
She loves to sing and dance at the gatherings. I am an amateur musician who plays the instruments (piano, key board, guitar, harmonica) by ear.
Here’s my birthday wish:
May you be blessed with Good Health, Abundant Wealth, Unbounded Love, Peace, Calm, Tranquility … for many more years to come.