Update : January 25, 2021
From Birthday Soon Kyway in August 2016
Birthday wishes – 2 sets
- Ko Maurice Chee (M75) organized a Birthday Soon Kyway at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay, Ko Maurice Chee in August 2016.
- He prepared electronic and hard copy of the birthday wishes.
- Another set was for attendees, who had not sent wishes by e-mail.
- Thanks to the sayas, colleagues and friends for a memorable gathering.
Appreciation from Sayas and Alumni in US and Canada
- Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi could not attend the soonkyway, but he requested Ko Maurice Chee to donate a food dish for him and his family.
Sayagyi’s message was read by Ko Maurice.
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) presented the appreciation award at Half Moon Bay soonkwyay and gathering (August 2016).
From NorCal RITAA Dinner in December 2016
Alumni Appreciation Award from NorCalRITAA
The award was signed by
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68, Chair, BOD)
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83, President)
- U Thaung Nyunt (M87, Secretary)
Saya U Myat Htoo presented the award to me at the NorCal RITAA Annual Dinner, 2016.
From SPHS in 1963
Collegiate Scholarship winners from SPHS in 1963
There were seven Paulians in the Top Ten, and ten in the Top Twenty.
- Dr. Khin Maung U (Retired from FDA, USA) – 1st
- Dr. Min Oo (Retired Maths Professor in Canada) – 2nd
- Dr. Myo San (Freddie, Surgeon, GBNF) – 3rd
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor, Professor in IM and Malaysia) – 4th
- Dr. Thein Wai (Migrated to USA after graduation) – 5th
- U Hla Min (Retired Software Engineer) – 7th
- Dr. Aung Kyaw Zaw (Cardiologist) – 9th
- U Maung Maung Kyi (Dip Ing, Retiree in Wales) – 11th
- U Aung Thu Yein (Brownie, EC69, GBNF) – 13th
- Dr. Khin Maung Zaw (Frank, Retired Doctor in UK) – 17th
From Toastmasters International
- CC (Competent Communicator)
- ACB (Advanced Communicator Bronze)
- ACS (Advanced Communicator Silver)
- ACG (Advanced Communicator Gold)
- CL (Competent Leader)
- ALB (Advanced Leader Bronze)
- ALS (Advanced Leader Silver)
- DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster)
I served as
- Club Officer
- Area Governor
- Club Coach
- Contest Chair
- Guest Speaker
- Test Speaker
- Team Builder (for Excellent Leadership)
Loaded with Dhamma Talks / Lectures
- Rreceived an MP3 player (loaded with dhamma talks) from Ko Khin Maung Tun, President, Swel Daw Yeik Foundation.
At the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles, California.
Also received MP3 players from
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt
- My sisters
- Dhamma friends
Each player has Paritta Pali (protective verses) and dhamma talks by different sayadaws.
When my Desk Top that I used for writing “RIT Alumni International Newsletter Updates” died, CABA gave me a replacement Lap Top as a long term loan.
From my Life Savers
Coffee mug with photos
My beloved grandchildren gave me a present for Grand Father’s Day.
On several occasions
For writing, translating, editing or proof-reading
I edited or proof-read some books written by
- Sayadaws (U Silananda, U Jota)
- Sayas (Saya Des Rodgers) and
- Friends (Saya U Aung Zaw).
They provided me copies of their books.
I also received copies from others. They include
- “Myanmar in my life-time”
Book by BBS U Khin Zaw
air mailed from Australia by U Wint Khin Zaw
- Book honoring Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint
air mailed from Australia by Dr. TOKM
- Centennial for U Khin Maung Latt and Daw Khin Myo Chit
Two books given by Junior Win, twin sister of Maung Yit
- Books by U Ye Sint (former Editor of Dhammanda Newsletter)
Pathan Dethana (Dhamma Dana by his siblings)
- U Kesala (Chief Resident monk, Alodaw Pyie Monastery in Arizona)
Several other books
- “Nga Doh Khit Ka Tekkatho”
Book by Shwe Ky May Hnin
Given to me at the San Francisco Bay Area Talk
- Books by Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War)
Collection of Poems
Collection of Articles
- Book by Saya U Nyunt Htay
Collection of Swel Daw Poems
- Books by Nyan Oo Maung
Currently known as “Mudita Shwe Kyaung Sayadaw U Nyanika
- Books by various sayadaws in the Bay Area and beyond
Dhamma Bheri Sayadaw
Aung San Tat Oo Sayadaw
- Books by Dr. San Oo, Daw Than Yi and family
- “Yahandar and Poke Ko Htoo Myar”
Book by Dhammacariya U Htay Hlaing
(in the 80’s for translating several of his “Dhamma Duta” articles)
- Books by Sayawun (Dr.) Tin Shwe
Given by his daughter Tyn Tyn Aye during her UCC studies
- U Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ) mailed me two books that he bought in Myanmar.
U Thant Ah Yay Ah Khin
Collection Bagan poems (by Zawgyi, translated by Ah May Thar).
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt believes in a “revolving library”.
Gave me several books that he enjoyed reading.
Book by Dat Pone Htein Win
Given at 5th ILF in Mandalay
- Books by Members of Professional Spakers Association (PSA)
Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing
Editor for “90th Anniversary Issue of the Founding of RUBC” (2013)
Wrote poems and articles for
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter (for SPZP-2000)
- “Swel Daw Yeik Sarsaung” for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010
- “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for Shwe YaDu”
U Ohn Khine (M70) and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012.
Received “raw” and formal CDs and DVDs for the various RIT Gatherings.