Update : January 21, 2021
Life Long Learning
Fun with Learning
- Paying back the Metta and Cetana of our ancestors and mentors
- Caring and Sharing
- Importance of studying history
- I learn new things every day.
- I listen to Blinkist daily
- I study Merriam Webster’s “Word of the day” podcast daily.
- I have created three Facebook groups named
“Fun with Learning“,
“Life Long Learning” and
“Youth Leadership (2021)”.
- I practice the “Pillars of Learning” :
Learning to know
Learning to do
Learning to be
Learning to live
Paying back to our Ancestors and Mentors
I have studied and/or taught at
- PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School)
- SPHS (St. Paul’s High School)
- RU (Rangoon University)
- RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology)
- UCC (Universities Computer Center)
- DCS (Department of Computer Science)
- ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology)
I am indebted to my parents and my teachers — Thin Saya, Myin Saya and Kyar Saya — for helping me develop a passion for Learning and Dissemination of Knowledge and Expertise.
Our ancestors were philanthropists. They donated schools and books, hospitals and medicine, and buildings (Tazaung, zayat, shelter).
I am trying to emulate the philanthropy of our ancestors by sharing my knowledge and expertise.
Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
I am a Jack of all trades and Master of some.
I want to share my Knowledge and Expertise that I have gained as
- Software developer / engineer
- Distinguished Toastmaster
- Freelance author, translator and interpreter
- Editor of several newsletters and books
- Amateur Historian and Folklorist
Recording history of our beloved land
- I love history.
- I was a member of “History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE) Project”.
U Ohn Khine and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012 book.
- I was a Docent at the “Computer History Museum” in Mountain View, California, USA.
- I have published 2500+ posts.
I initially named then as “Trivia”, but many readers felt that they are more than Trivia.
I have revised / reorganized the posts with appropriate categories.
- I am requesting Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide interest to feedback and suggestions.
- I hope that my posts will be helpful to scholars and historians (especially in Myanmar).
I wrote and/or reviewed articles, translations and poems for
- Working People’s Daily (WPD)
- Forward Magazine
- Veda Magazine
- Pan Magazine
- High School Mathematics Project
- Team of System Specialists (TOSS)
- Rangoon University Boat Club (RUBC)
- Set Hmu Thadin Zin
- Hlyat Sit Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
- Moe Ma Ka
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter
- BAPS Newsletter
- Dhammananda Newsletter
- National Language Center (NLC)
- Encyclopedia of Asian American Folklore and Folklife
I have volunteered for
- Computer History Museum (CHM)
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE)
- Toastmasters International
- San Francisco Bay Area ACM Chapter
- 2010 Census Count Committee
- RIT Alumni International
- NorCal RIT Alumni Association
- Tathagata Meditation Center (TMC)
- Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA)
“If one person can dream, others will fulfill”
- The saying is attributed to Jules Verne who dreamed and wrote about space ships, submarines, and travel around the globe.
- I hope that you have time and energy to read my posts and provide feedback, reviews and suggestions for improvement.
- Please help fulfill my dream of compiling Oral and Written History of our beloved land.