- During the early days of UCC, I was invited to give guest lectures at BMRI (Burma Medical Research Institute).
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Physiologist, SPHS63) provided details for the Director Generals of Medical Research
- Dr. Mya Tu (Physiologist)
Saya founded BMRI.
He and his spouse Daw Khin Thet Hta (Librarian) compiled “Who’s who in health and medicine in Myanmar“.
He passed away at the age of 91 in Australia.
Dr. Thein Htut and Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint spoke at the service.
His successors as Director General (DG) include
- Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu (ATBT, Physician)
He is around 90 years of age.
He is still active, giving talks and participating in the editorial team of a certain journal.
- Dr. Khin Maung Tin (Physician)
He is a specialist for live diseases.
In the early days, he headed the University Sanatorium.
He is one of the earliest to pass away (Heard it was a heart attack).
He is survived by Dr. Daw Htay Kyi, a TB specialist.
- Dr. May May Yi (Physiologist)
She was a Staff at the Luyechun Camp at Inlay Khaung Daing for the summer of 1965.
- Dr. Than Swe (Microbiologist)
After retirement, moved to the USA
Stay sharp by training students to take SAT examination
- Dr. Paing Soe
Was admitted as Roll Number (2) to MC in 1965.
He had the same marks as Dr. Yi Thway, who was admitted as Roll Numbe (1).
Retired as Deputy Minister of Health.
BMRI later became DMR (Directorate of Medical Research).
- Dr. Thein Toe
- Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt
- Dr. Cho Nwe Oo
- Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS63)
- Dr. Kyaw Min (SPHS65)
Categories: M N O
Leave a Reply