Update : January 16, 2021
- Pali and Burmese Scholar.
- Proposed to have a separate Burmese Department.
- First native Principal of Rangoon College.
- Executive Committee member of Burma Research Society.
- The Myanmar Sar Community honored Sayagyi with a bust in December 2019.
Daw Tin Tin Myaing (Brenda, Sayagyi’s daughter) attended the ceremony.
Met her at the Winner Inn.
Sad to learn that her spouse succumbed to COVID-19 in UK in 2020.
- In our middle school we had to study “Myanmar Thadda / Burmese Grammar” written by Sayagyi.
- Sayagyi translated two early Sermons :
Dhammacakkapavatana Sutta and Anatta Lekkhana Suttana into English.
The three-language edition of the Suttas was published by U Tha Win.
- Saya’s early students include
ICS U Sein Tin (Theikpan Maung Wa)
U Thein Han (Zawgyi)
U Wun (Minthuwun)