Update : January 15, 2021
- “Taya Oo” means First Sermon.
- It is used to describe “Dhammacakkapavuthana Sutta” (Turning the wheel of Dhamma), which was given by the Buddha to his first five disciples.
75th Anniversary of Sayadaw U Silananda
- Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa wrote “Taya Oo” as a young bhikkhu.
- The book was reprinted for dhamma dana offering at Sayadaw’s 75th birthday.
Books / Talks / Classes
- There are many books on “Dhammacakkapavatta Sutta.”
- They include translations of the first sermon in Burmese/Myanmar and English, and expositions.
- Mahasi Sayadaw gave a series of dhamma talks on the Sutta and its relation to vipassana meditation.
- Saya U Aung Zaw (UCC) once e-mailed to me an English translation of the Sutta by Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin.
- Several sayadaws such as Dhamma Beri Sayadaw have conducted dhamma classes on “Taya Oo”.