Update : January 14, 2021
- Uniform may stand for “one form“.
- Some schools may mandate their students to wear uniform on specified days (or may be every day).
- Sayagyi U Ba Hli, Dean of Engineering, is seen in photos wearing a uniform.
- Grapevine says that Bogyoke Aung San and U Thant had a debate on Uniform (during their University days).
During our younger days, we had to perform drill at (a) the Annual Sports at School Sports and (b) at the Aung San Stadium for specified events (e.g. Education Day Celebration). We had to dress up in uniform.
A uniform specifies items (some of which are mandatory)
- Short or long pants (e.g. Kakki)
- Shirt (e.g. long sleeved white shirt)
- Those joining UTC (Universities’ Training Corps) are given two sets of [usually old] uniforms.
Most prefer to buy or order their own.
- RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club) awards Half Green, Full Green and Gold.
- RUBC specifies Dress Code for the award winners.
- A “full” Burmese dress may consist of
Pasoe (or Longyi),
Taik Pon (or Jacket)
and Gaung Baung (for Head dress) for the Burmese dress.
- The full uniform is worn at formal functions (e.g. Award Presentation Ceremony).
- In the USA, sports team have at least two sets of uniforms : one for playing at Home, and another for playing elsewhere.