SPHS (St. Paul’s High School)
- Motto : “Labor Omnia Vincit”.
- Means “Hard work conquers everything”.
My Beloved Parents
- Their motto : “Anything that’s worth doing is worth doing well”.
- My mother would scold me lightly by saying “Eyes have you and you see not. Ears have you and you hear not.”
- She would tell the story of Robert Bruce and the spider, and remind us “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try and try again.”
RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club)
- Motto : “Row Till You Are Dead.”
- The background story is covered in Sir Arthur Eggar’s autobiography and in the commemorative issues for the 40th and 90th Anniversary of the founding of RUBC.
- RUBC members are used to the shout “Give her a ten” during a race (especially near the finish line), and also at the Close of the Awards Presentation at the Regatta.
- After a long day, in the tradition of RUBC, I shout, “Give her a ten”.
10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 -1
- The motto may change over time.
- International Business Machines (IBM)’s slogan was “Think”.
- General Electric (GE)’s claim to fame was “Built to last.”