Video Broadcast : #191
January 13, 2021
Mogok Sayadaw U Vimala (1899 – 1962)
- Renowned Vipassana meditation master
- 500 (or more) audio tapes of Sayadaw’s recordings have been transcribed into books (some e-books), and CDs
Available at the Mogok Vipassana Meditation Centers
- Featured in “Yahanda Hnit Poke Ko Htoo Myar” book by Dhammacariya U Htay Hlaing
First and Last Visit to Rangoon
- Arrived Rangoon on the morning of July 6, 1962 (Friday)
- A dhamma talk was scheduled at Tekkatho Dhammayone (RU Dhamma Hall) that evening
- Citing security reasons, the venue had to be changed to
U Than Daing’s residence on 35 Lancaster Road (now Bo Ye Nyunt Lann)
- Sayadaw delivered the talk “The Four Noble Truths”
- Translation of the talk by U Sway Tin
- Devotees asked Sayadaw if he would come back the following year.
- Sayadaw said, “This Khanda will provide an answer”.
- Sayadaw passed away three months later.
Translations of Mogok Sayadaw’s Works
HOW TO DIE WITH A SMILE
By U Sway Tin
THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS
delivered by THE MOGOK SAYADAW on July 6, 1962
Recorded/translated by U Sway Tin
Publisher: Society for the Propagation of Vipassana (Mogok Sayadaw’s way)