Update : January 12, 2021
The sayagyis lived to 80+ years.
- Born 5/Apr/1894
- Died 21/May/1974)
- Passed away at the age of 81.
- Taught Mathematics at Rangoon University
- Education Minister in the Caretaker Government
- Rector, Rangoon University
- Children : Saya Dr. Tin Maung and Sayama Daw Thein.
U Aung Hla
- Born 18/Apr/1896
- Died 13/Dec/1983
- Passed away at the age of 88.
- Retired as Professor of Mathematics, Rangoon University
- Accomplished musician.
Annotated 25 Burmese songs using mathematics.
- Spouse Daw May Than was a nationally known singer.
- Son U Mya Than played the lead guitar and piano
U Po Thon
- Born 27/Jul/1899
- Died 23/Nov/1982
- Passed away at the age of 84.
- Retired as “Pyinnya Mingyi”.
- Supervised and published Mathematics texts for use in schools.
- Born 15/Jan/1918
- Died 26/Feb/2003
- Passed away at the age of 86.
- Retired as Professor of Mathematics, MASU
- Father of Sayama Daw Khin Mar Mar (Physics, ex-UCC) and grandfather of U Wunna Ko Ko, web master of second RIT web site.
U Ba Toke
- Born 26/Dec/1920
- Died 2/Dec/2020
- Passed away at the age of 100
- “Phwa Bet Taw” of “Rangoon University” and “First RU Student Boycott” (which is celebrated as “Ah Myo Tha Aung Pwe Nay”).
- Professor of Mathematics, RASU;
Professor of Mathematics, RIT;
Vice Chair of Mathematics, Assumption University (formerly ABAC).
- Mandalay University Soccer Selected, and Chinlon expert.
- Led the Burmese Olympic team to Tokyo in 1964.
- Gave interviews (three C-90 tapes) and documents (4 files) to Saya Dr. Khin Maung Swe (Tekkatho Maung Thin Char, GBNF).
The book was published in April 2010 to be distributed for Sayagyi’s 90th birthday.