- 25th letter of the English Alphabet.
- Pronounced as WYE.
- Y-junction is a junction type (e.g. two incoming roads merge into one outgoing road).
- YMBA (Young Men Buddhist Association) was involved in setting up monastic and/or Vernacular schools (predating the National Schools)
- YMBA published the “History of Buddhism” by Mahagandayone Sayadaw with illustrations by Saya U Ba Kyi
Y is an alias for YMCA (Young Men Christian Association), which was founded in Britain and then spread to over many countries.
Several YMCA’s in the US are credited with
- Invention of Basketball
- Invention of Volleyball
- Promotion of Public Speaking via Dale Carnegie
- Sowing the seeds of Toastmasters International (for Leadership and Public Speaking) via Dr. Ralph Smedley