Updated : January 11, 2021
- Aung Khin (RU, Scored winning goal in Asian Games)
- Aye Maung [Gyi] (Construction)
- Aye Maung [Lay] (Air Force)
- Ba Pu
- Gale (Goalkeeper)
- Gwan Shein (SPED)
- Hla Htay (Irrawaddy, Customs)
- Hla Maung (Goalkeeper, Army)
- Hla Tin (Kee)
- Htoo War
- John Tint (RIT, RU)
- Kenneth Shein (RU, Railways)
- Khin Maung Tun (Goalkeeper, Asian Star)
- Ko Ko Gyi (Tenessarim, Customs)
- Kyaw Min (Goalkeeper turned forward)
- Kyaw Htin (RIT, RU, Construction)
- Maung Maung (Navy, Asian Star)
- Maung Maung (RU)
- Maung Maung (Gary, RU, SAMB)
- Maung Pyone
- Saw Mya Zin (Goalkeeper, SAMB)
- Nay Win (Collegian, Best Player Award)
- Pe Khin
- Saw Thaung Tin (Auro, Goalkeeper)
- Soe Myint Lwin (RIT, RU, EPC)
- Suk Bahadhur (Burma Team Captain, Asian Star)
- Than Soe (Suttee)
- Tin Aung (Goalkeeper, Asian Star)
- Tin Aung Moe
- Tin Han (Railways)
- Tun Kyi (Engineering, RU, Railways)
- Tun Wain (Tenessarim, Customs)
- Vernon Stiles (Tin Tun , Army)
RU First Eleven Football Team
Photos provided by Pearl Shein (Pale, M.Sc. Computer Science)
- Won the Senior Second Division in 1953 – 54
- Team Captain : Tun Kyi
- Members include Collegian Nay Win, Jimmy Sein and Kenneth Shein
- Kenneth Shein played for Railways and Burma Selected.
He served as Chief Transportation Officer.
Sadly passed away in 1987.
- Kenneth Shein has five children.
Khine Min Shein and Nilar Shein live in Yangon.
- Kathleen Shein (Kenneth’s spouse) live in Singapore with Pearl Shein, Yadana Shein and Nyan Min Shein.
U Aye (M62) wrote :
Ko Ko Gyi and Tun Wain were former Tenasserim division players.
Ko Ko Gyi was from St. Patrick’s HS. He was one year junior to me. He left school when he was offered a job
at the Customs, to play for Customs football club.
Tun Wain and we attended Moulmein college together in 1956-57. He left the college to join Customs and played for Customs football team.
Apart from the above list, some Prominent/Burma selected footballers in the early 1950s.
- Ba Shwe (Col)
- Ba Kyu
- Tin Thaung
- Kyaw Thaung
- David Kyaw Zan (Former Tenasserim div. Player)
- Tin Kyi
- Hla Maung, goalkeeper
- Robert Yin Kyaw (Former Tenasserim div, Captain)
- Maung Aung (Former Tenasserim player)
- Samuel (forward)
- Aukim (Goalkeeper)
- Jimmy Innes ( St Patrick’s HS, Moulmein).
He played in St. Patrick’s HS team with Jimmy Sein (U Tint Swe),of the victorious Prome Hall football team,
- Saw Mya Zin, goal keeper
- Chan Sein
The following footballers also played for RU First Eleven. (in different times)
- Khin Pe Gyi
- Goal keeper Than Shwe
(before B. Singh arrived)
- Nyi Nyi Lwin
Joined Navy after graduation later
Worked in Dept.of Fisheries as Dy. DG
- Maung Pyone (from Mandalay Hall)
A good volleyball player, he played for Pyapon District.
Joined Army after graduation.
- Kyi Gwan (from Mandalay Hall)
He was from Dawei.
- Ngwe Gaing (from Sagaing Hall)
He was a Burma selected Youth team.
He was from Morton Lane Judson HS, Moulmein.
Inter State and Division – 1952
The final match was played between Shan State and Sagaing Division. Shan State was led by Suk Bahadur,
Bahadur Lama and another Bahadur. Sagaing Division had an excellent goalkeeper Pho Tha Bay. Many deadly shots from the Shan State were saved by Pho Tha Bay. Shan State won the shield after narrowly beat the Sagaing division. Suk Bahadur was recruited by the Army team and became a legend. Two other Bahadurs and Pho Tha Bay faded out.
Tenasserim division was third,
(If I remember correctly).