Video Broadcast : #169
January 2, 2021
Text Update : January 6, 2021
Feedback from U Aye (M62, HIC/FAO/UN (Retired))
100m, 200m, 400m
- Middle Distance
- Long Distance
5Km, 10Km, Marathon
4 x 100m, 4 x 400m
100m (Women), 110m (Men), 400m
High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump
Discus, Javelin, Hammer
Combined Track and Field Events
- Myee Tun Naw was Burma and SEAP Champion for Marathon.
- Shigan Bum was Burma and SEAP Champion for 5000 and 10000 meters. He succeeded Myee Tun Naw as Marathon Champion.
- Tun Mra and Tun Naung (from RU) won Bronze Medal for 4 x 100m relay at the 1st SEAP Games.
They won Gold Medal for 4 x 100m relay anchored by Soe Aung at the 2nd SEAP Games.
- Kyaw Mra (RU) represented Burma in the 1st and 2nd SEAP Games.
He won Silver Medal for Hurdles.
He later joined SPED and also served as National Coach.
- Soe Mra (RU) represented Burma in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd SEAP Games.
He won Gold Medals twice in Pole Vault.
- Maung Maung Mra (RU) won Bronze Medal for Pole Vault in the 5th SEAP Games.
- Kyaw Khin (SPHS, RU) was Inter-Institute Champion for Hurdles and Middle Distance.
He later served as National Coach.
- Jimmy Crampton (SPHS) was Burma and SEAP Champion for 1500 meters.
- Gracie Carr, Ma Tin Pu, Ma Khin Htay, and Jennifer Tin Lay were Burma Champions in Track and Field.
Feedback by U Aye (M62, HIC/FAO/UN (Retired))
100 m (Men)
- Sein Pe competed in 100 m at the 1948 London Olympics.
He was a good footballer, playing for Customs club and Burma selected, in left wing position.
High Jump (Men)
- Donovan, from St. Patrick’s HS, Moulmein. Air Force. (Retired).
Former National Record Holder
His father was a clerk at St. Pat.
- Mya Than (M59)
RU and National Record Holder. 1958-59.
Triple Jump (Men)
- T. Boonkert, from St. Patrick’s HS, Moulmein. ( Pre WW 2 Days).
His record still stood when we were competing in Senior category in 1954-55.
Former footballer Right Winger from Customs.
- Kyaw Nyunt (Army)
National champion and record holder in 1958-59.
800 meters (Men)
- Ko Ko Gyi (famous Burma selected footballer) was a good runner also.
He won the 800 meters at the National Champiobship when he was still in at the St. Patrick’s HS, Moulmein.