- RU Centennial Group has 33000+ members.
Many are active.
- It is difficult if not impossible to read all the posts and the relevant comments.
(a) One can save selected posts.
(b) One can share selected posts.
(c) One can go to the “Popular Topics” section organized by Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin of the Group) and select a Topic.
- The transition to Unicode-compliant fonts is not smooth or some people.
- Readers may not be able to read all postings.
There are workarounds, but they are not convenient (e.g. change settings for “Language and Font”, having two devices with a different default language setting).
- Zaw Decode (which can read Unicode almost perfectly and Zawgyi with 80 – 90% accuracy) no longer worked on some systems (especially after an OS upgrade).
- Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin) and his brother U Aung Mon (Moderator) have used Translation Software to convert selected posts (using Unicode compliant fonts) to Zawgyi and vice versa.
- The designer of Zawgyi Font stated that it was developed to implement a project and there was no requirement at that time to be Unicode compliant.
- A saya told me that he could not type some Myanmar words (that he used frequently) in Unicode.