- U Yan Aung (Academy winning actor)
- U Yan Aung (Teacher and Say Saya (Indigenous medicine))
- U Yan Aung (Writer)
- U Yan Gyi Aung
- Bo Yan Naing (Thirty Comrades, spouse of Sayama Daw Tinsa Maw Naing)
- Dr. Yan Naing Lwin (Professor Emeritus at Western Illinois University).
Father : U Ba Lwin (Myoma)
- U Yan Shin (Hardy Sein) is an Old Croc
Siblings : Lucy, Rosie, Henry, Gerald
- U Ye Aung (Actor)
- [Per Eddie Shein} : Brigadier General Ye Chit Pe (Retired, MEHS64, M70)
Descended from Thu Kaung Myoo, a title given by Myanmar Kings.
- U Ye Gaung (Minister)
- U Ye Gaung (EE80, May Recording Studio)
Spouse : Phyu Phyu
- U Ye Htut Aung (First batch of ICST)
- Ye Khaung was a Student Political Party at the University of Rangoon.
- U Ye Lwin (GBNF) attended GTI and RIT.
Bass Guitarist and Leader of E-Machine & Myizzima Hlaing.
- Dr. Ye Myint (UK)
Parents : Tin U, Khin Kyi Nyunt
Siblings : Khin Tun, Aye Aye Khin
Spouse : San San Aye
Daughter : Aye Sandar
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Dr. Ye Myint is Burma’s second cardiac surgeon (first was the late Dr. Khin Maung Thaw).
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Prof. U Ye Myint was a renowned laparoscopic surgeon.
- U Ye Myint (ChE70) taught at RIT before moving to Singapore.
He donated cash and books to RIT and ChE.
- U Ye Myint (EE72)
Father : U Ba Toke.
Accompanied Sayagyi to SPZP-2000 held in the USA.
- U Ye Myint (B.Com)
Son : Zayanda
Classmate : Uzin Chan Min.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Prof. Ye Myint Kyaw, pen name Linga Ye Kyaw: Paediatrician, author of over 20 books, script write for the three books made into movies. Regular contributor of both medical and non medical topics.
- U Ye Sint taught Physics before moving to the USA.
Spouse : Nu Nu Yee
Past VP of TBSA
Editor of Dhammananda Newsletter
Editor for “Paying Homage to Sayadaw U Silananda”
- U Ye Swe (Boxer)
- U Ye Tint (Boxer)
- U Ye Wint
Father : Min Naing
- Ye Yint (formerly Regent) is a cinema.
- Dr. Yi Thwe (SPHS65)
Father : Saw Ba Hein
Spouse : Kyi Kyi Hla
- Sayama Daw Yi Yi (PBRS)
- Daw Yi Yi Khaing (Vilma, ChE69)
- Dr. Yi Yi Chit Maung
Siblings : Sein Tin, Mya Maung, Tin Htut, Kyi Kyi, Si Si, Dr. Than Toe, Khin Khin
- Daw Yin Kyi (T61) is a pioneer female engineering graduate.
Sayama Daw Tin Tin Ohn (T61, GBNF), Sayama Daw Julie Han (T61, GBNF), Daw Mi Mi Lay (T61) and Pauline Reynolds (CE61) wrap up the elite group.
- Daw Yin Kywe attended UCC and found her soul mate U Soe Myint (M72, GBNF).
- U Yin Maung won the Senior Novices at RUBC with U Than Soe (M63, RUBC Gold), U Chit Swe, Dr. Byron Law Yone and U Hla Moe (Cox, GBNF).
Represented the Faculty of Engineering in the Inter-Faculty events.
- Maung Yin Maung is a fictional character in the first Burmese novel by James Hla Kyaw.
- Yin Maung (pen name of Saya Dr. Taing Oke (ChE69))
Zat Saya for RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thin.
Taught at RIT and Japan.
- Okpo Maung Yin Maung (pen name of Saya U Aung Myaing (ChE72)) He and fellow RIT poets (Saya U Moe Aung, Saya U Nyunt Htay, U Win Myint and U Toee Maung) published a collection of poems about “Swel Daw”.
- U Yin Sein (Caesar Yang, SPHS, BBS) attended GTI before joining RIT.
- Dr. Yin Yin Aung (Dental)
Spouse : Dr. Sein Aung Lynn (Dental)
- Daw Yin Yin Mya (Terry) was Head of the RIT English Department during our days.
Yin (in middle and end of name)
- We had to study about “Mee Bone Byan” U Kyaw Yin.
He was aerial acrobat, who performed on hot air balloons.
Son : Kyaw San (Ka Sa, cartoonist)
- U Kyaw Yin taught Burmese at Rangoon University.
Victim of “false identification”.
[Per Dr. Nyunt Wai] U Kyaw Yin also wrote magazine articles under the pen name “Ka-hti-ka” U Kyaw Yin.
- San Yin Myint (Samantha Myint)
Second batch of B.Sc. (CS) from ICST.
Attended SPZP-2000 with Dr. Betty Chu (aunt) as guests of Maurice Chee (M75, cousin)
Invited me to attend the 5th Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of ICST/UCSY.
- U Yone Sein
Son : Sonny, Johnny
- U Yone Moe (Rector of RIT)
Son : Phillip (M72)
- U Yone Way
- Saya U Yu Khin
Spouse : Dr. Daw Phay
Children : Marie, Richard
Served as Registrar and Dean of the University of Rangoon
Founded the Institute of Foreign Languages (IFL).
- U Yu Khin (CSO)
Attended UCC courses.
Programmer for the Population Census Data Processing done at UCC.
- Saya U Yu Htay studied in the UK
Taught Chemistry at the University of Rangoon.
- Yu Beng (Benny Tan, M70)
See Posts (e.g. Benny Tan)
- Yu Sein (Selwyn Tan, MEHS61)
Spouse : Neula
Brother : Benny
- Yuzana (Flower)
- Yuzana (Burmese name of Carlton Cinema)
Owned by U Chit Maung and family
- Daw Yuzana Bo Ni (UCC)
- Daw Yu Yu Lwin retired from Motion Pictures Corporation.
Yu (in middle and end of name)
- Ar Yu
Father : Thadu
The name may mean Longevity.
- Daw Gyn Yu (ChE72)
Spouse : Aung Myaing
They extended their hospitality to RIT sayas, sayamas and alumni visiting Bangkok (especially for medical check up and treatment).
- Khin Hnin Yu is a two-time winner of National Literary Award.
- Khin Yu May (actor, vocalist) is a two-time winner of Academy Award. Sister : Khin Yu Swe
- Maung Ko Yu (Prominent lawyer)
Siblings : Daw Thein Saing, Tan Yu Saing
Grapevine says that the then Number One asked “Is Maung Ko Yu still there?” during a visit to Rangoon University. Maung Ko Yu lost his teaching job.
- May Yu was a present from the British Navy to Burma Navy.
- May Yu (Academy award winning actress)
Sister : Thuzar took two forms to attend the first ever training program by the “Yoke Shin Kaung Si” (Movie Council).
The rest is history.
- Min Yu Way (U Win Maung)
Spouse : Ngwe Tar Ti
Author and editor.
Founded Ngwe Tar Yi magazine.
In my primary school, I received a translation of “Aesop Fables” by Min Yu Way and Ngwe Tar Yi as a prize.
- Mon Yu (Harry Tin Htut, M69) is an author.
Loves singing and exercises
- U San Yu is a Bogyoke turned President of the BSPP Government.
- San Yu Hlaing (UCC)
Father : Tin Hlaing (Early Mechanical engineer at Burma Railways)
- Tan Yu Saing (Colonel, Member of the Revolutionary Council)
Siblings : Daw Thein Saing, Maung Ko Yu
Grapevine says that his name cost him his job.
- U Tin Yu (Movie Director and Owner)
Children : Zelma Yu, Zaw Min Yu, Zin Thi Yu
- U Tin Yu (Consul General, Myanmar Consulate Los Angeles)
- Daw Zelma Yu
Father : Tin Yu
Siblings : Zaw Min YU, Zin Thi Yu
- U Zaw Min Yu
Father : Tin Yu
Siblings : Zelma Yu, Zin Thi Yu
- Daw Zin Thi Yu
Father : Tin Yu
Siblings : Zelma Yu, Zaw Min Yu