RU produced outstanding
Bogyoke Aung San, U Nu, U Thant …
U Pe Maung Tin, Dr. Htin Aung, Dr. Hla Myint …
from the various Faculties : Arts, Science, Social Science, Law, Medicine, Engineering …
Selected for Burma, SEAP and Asian Games, Olympics, World Championship
- Ah Nu Pyinnya Shins
- Ethical citizens
Sayas who not even tell exam results to their children and relatives
- Rangoon was the Capital of the Rice Bowl of Asia.
- It provided Rice for Disaster Relief in neighboring countries.
- Backed by Gold Reserve, the Currency / Kyat was strong and stable.
- In our younger days, one US Dollar is traded around 5 – 6 Kyats.
- Sadly, the purchasing power of the Kyat declined dramatically.
- Three snap shots :
1 Kyat = 4 Baht
1 Kyat = 1 Baht
4 Kyat = 1 Baht
- Some factors Indiscriminate Nationalization Multiple Demonetization Incoherent Policies and whimsical Changes Decline of Ethics
- Sharing and Caring still flourish in Myanmar.
- Sponsors, donors (cash and kind), medical professionals, and volunteers helped with the detection, prevention and cure of COVID.
- Saya Pu Zaw Pwe and Thet Kyee Pu Zaw Pwe are alive and well.
- Current Professors and staff provided Garawa gifts to senior sayas and sayamas (some in their 80s).
- The Adhamma Era which had Prisoners of Conscience gave way to the Pwint Linn Era with a democratically elected Government.
- The younger generation is aware of the development (e.g Industry 4.0, Education 4.0, Convergence of Technologies) in the world.
- Hope to see a rapid Rise to Former Glory and beyond.