- In the Matriculation of 1963, Ko Khin Maung U, Ko Min Oo, Ko Myo San (GBNF) Ko Nyunt Wai and Ko Thein Wai took the Top Five positions.
- I was Seventh.
- The Top Three scored Distinctions in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English and had high scores in Burmese.
- In those days, less than ten students scored Distinction in English, and only a couple scored Distinction in Burmese.
- In the mid and late 1950s, several students who had two or three scores (for Distinction) had to repeat a year because they “failed” mostly in English and a couple in Burmese.
- They were coaxed by their teachers not to feel downhearted.
- Most went on to become outstanding Professionals with graduate degrees (Masters, Doctorate …) from prestigious universities in the USA.
- It is still a mystery how and why such unfortunate events happened.
DR. KHIN MAUNG U
- Ko Khin Maung U scored 299 out of 300 marks for Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics (where the Chief Examiner supposedly took back a mark from the perfect score).
- He was selected Multiple Luyechun at IM(1).
- Due to changes in the Education System, he and fellow bright students had to study the M.Sc. (Med Sc).
- After a long wait, Dr. Khin Maung U was able to complete Fellowships and MD.
- His experience in Medical Research and Teaching landed jobs in US Universities and FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
- After retirement, he has posted hundreds of Medical Research Reports for lay readers.
- Earlier, he translated Dhamma Talks (e.g Abdhidhamma Course by Dr. Nandamarlarbhivamsa) into English and also served as Gawpaka for selected monasteries in the Maryland Area.