- Col. Hla Oung was Patron of the Burma Hiking and Mountaineering Association.
- Universities, Institutes and Government Departments have their H&M Clubs.
- U Shein (SLR) and Ko Henry Wan (SPHS63) are some of the evangelists / active members.
- Ko Win Lwin (M69) served as Secretary of RIT H&M Club. He and Ko Cho Aye (M70, GBNF) joined the All Universities Expedition to Saramti (Mt. Victoria). The photos are provided by Ko Win Lwin.
- Kyi Kyi Sein (Bei Oo, T70) and others also represented RIT in the Hiking contests.
- Three third year BE students Ko Zaw Min, Ko Han Tha Myint and Ko Sein Win trekked 300+ miles. The story was quoted as a 600+ mile journey in the Burmese newspaper.
- Ko Zaw Min (EP70) has written posts about his stay at RIT from 1964 to 1970. He covers education, extracurricular activities (soccer, boxing, rowing, UTC, hiking, track and field, debates, Pwes). I have posted them in RIT Updates and also in my web site hlamin.com
Categories: G H I