Video Broadcast : #46
October 1, 2020
Different kinds of Cards
- ID : for identification
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Cash Card
- Prepaid Card
- Greeting Card
- Playing Cards
- 52 cards
- Jokers / Wild Cards
- May signify the four seasons or the four quarters of a year
- Usually called Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts and Spades
(Implicit ordering of the suits in some games such as Bridge)
13 cards in a Suit : may signify the number of weeks in a season or quarter
52 cards in a Deck : may signify the number of weeks in a year
- Usually Black and Red
- May signify two-valued concepts (e.g Ying and Yang)
- Model for Deque (Double Ended Queue)
- Data structure
- Items can be added to both ends of a Deque, and can be retrieved from both ends.
- With restrictions, a Deque can be used as FIFO (First In First Out) Queue and LIFO (Last In First Out) Stack.
- Card Game requiring intellect, communication and finesse.
- Ivan Lee (Khin Maung Oo, M69) is a Life Time Platinum in Bridge (after completing Bronze, Silver and Gold).
- Collection of Card Games that can be played by a person.
- May be played on a computer.
- I spent a lot of time (several months) to earn and defend “Daily Challenge” title (five games of varying complexity every day for the whole month).
Card Games (involving betting)
- Games in Myanmar
(e.g Koe Mee and variants)
(e.g Black Jack, Poker and variants)
- Computers and Online