- When we organized the First RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe (SPZP-2000), we were told that RIT is a dying breed.
- Someone gently reminded us that Class Reunions are held as part of the Home Coming at the campuses.
- From deep in my heart came a poem “SAYA PU ZAW PWE”.
- It started
Seems like only yesterday
At our alma mater in a land far away
- Tears of sorrow fell from many sayas and alumni when they learned that their alma mater has been branded as a “Thabon Kyaung” by the higher authorities and that the Swel Daw Bins had been decimated.
- Many felt that they would never see their alma mater in reasonably good shape again.
- Some how, the Adhamma Era gave way to the Pwint Linn Era.
- U Aye Myint (EP72) made possible the true Home Coming at the Gyogone Campus in 2012.
- Sadly, he was posted to another Ministry before he could help his alma mater to the fullest.
- Tears of joy fell from many sayas and alumni when they learned that SPZP-2012 will be held in the Gyogone Campus.
- The Swel Daw Yeik Foundation was established in 2013.
- In December 2014, Swel Daw Bins bloomed once again.
- Shwe YaDu Lann and Swel Daw benches brought more tears of joy.
- Tears of joy continued to fall when the all day long SPZP-2016 with free food and entertainment was held in the Gyogone Campus with the sponsorship of the RITAA and generous donors.