Update : December 13, 2020
Gatherings in Yangon
- 40th Anniversary
held at MICT Park
- Welcome parties to ex-UCC visiting Yangon
hosted by Saya U Soe Paing and Daw Saw Yu Tint
- (For the past few years) Annual Gathering of UCC, DCS and ICST Alumni
hosted in part by U Thein Oo and Daw Than Than Tint, U Thaung Tin and Daw Tyn Tyn Aye
- Soon Kyway Ah Hlu
e.g. U Soe Win and U Khin Zaw (in memory of their parents)
U Hlaing Myint (for his precious child)
e.g. at Tin Moe We’s house
at a restaurant or coffee shop
Khin Maung Zaw in Yangon
- Ko Khin Maung Zaw (EC76) is probably the second youngest of the group (shown in the photo).
- Real old-timers gathering, having fun reminiscing good old days as well as poking fun at each other.
- U Thein Oo, U Tun Shwe, U Soe Win, U Maung Maung Gyi (GBNF), U Myint Oo, U Aung Myint, Ko Khin Maung Zaw, Ko Thet Lwin.
U Ngwe Soe could not make it as he was traveling.
U Myint Oo was the dhakar commemorating his birth month.
KMZ wrote :
We definitely had tons of fun with their monthly gatherings, I was lucky to be there twice during my last visit.Of course, we reminisced stories of the time, good, bad, funny, sad and all. Many times, there’s no or very little holds barred, so to speak. We all know that past is past, we were there to rekindle our friendship and all in good jest. It’s true to say that many of us have stories.
As you mentioned, I was at the tail end when it comes to our ages, I am honored that rest of them, my seniors, treat me the same. I took some jabs, returned some and had fun. It’s just sad that we won’t have our common punch bag if you will, Ko Maung Maung Gyi, next time we meet. He graciously took our jabs, as we all know that he probably had more stories than we all combined, his responses were always non-verbal but with cheeky smiles. May his beautiful soul rest in peace, he may be looking at us with this smile from somewhere above.