There are 46300+ members in the Rangoon University Centennial FB Group.
- A recent member is U Thein Han (my lone surviving uncle) who will turn 92 soon.
- He joined Rangoon University in 1948.
- After graduation, he worked as Systems Engineer for International Business Machines (IBM) Burma.
Several government departments rented / leased Unit Record Machines.
- He is physically active. He has shared some memories in his FB page.
U Aung Zaw (ex-UCC, Sydney)
- Saya U Aung Zaw (ex-UCC) wrote two books “Bawa and Dhamma” and “Cetana Thi Thar Kan”.
- I am honored to be a reviewer / editor for both books and a contributor of a section for the second book.
- His spouse Daw Kyawt is a culinary expert and donor of her kidney to Saya Zaw as a priceless gift.
- Saya Zaw worked at the RASU Maths Department.
Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe asked him if he wished to join UCC.
- He became a Systems Programmer at UCC and did his Masters in Computer Science at Southampton University.
- At UCC, Saya Zaw wrote lecture guides and user manuals with me under the guidance of Saya U Soe Paing (Manager of the Systems Division and later also Operations Division).
- Saya Zaw is known for his humor and satire (e.g Thingyan Sar).
- He also wrote Kabyars and articles.
- Saya Zaw taught at UCC and CSO before moving to Thailand.
Ko Myint Oo took Saya Zaw to ABAC where he was offered a job on the spot.
- Saya Zaw moved to Sydney, Australia and continued teaching Computer Science and Applications.
- He hosted mini-gatherings to pay respect to Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe (GBNF) and Sayagyi Dr. Freddie Ba Hli (GBNF).
- Saya Zaw recently shared his memories about his sayas (Dr. Chit Swe, U Sein Min, U Tin Hlaing, Dr. Kyaw Thein, Dr. Khin Maung Swe, …).