There are 42000+ members.
The group was founded by Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin.
Ko Aung Mon (Admin) has re-posted Yar Pyay articles from Kyemon.
Ko Thein (Tokyo) is the pen name of Ko Thein Ngwe, who recently joined the group as Moderator.
Sayas and Sayamas who are 100 years (or so)
- Sayagyi U Ba Toke is a Phwa Bet Taw of Rangoon University and the First RU Students’ Strike.
He will turn 100 in December 2020.
- Sayama Daw Hla May (Anne, English) passed away earlier.
She was 100 (or so).
Saya Dr. Soe Win (retired Rector of YUFL) and Sayama Daw May Saw Lwin (retired Professor of Chemistry) celebrated their Golden Anniversary on November 7, 2020.
Nice to read the memories of
- Dr. Daw Khin Kyi (OG, daughter of former RU Vice Chancellor Justice U Bo Gyi, sister of former BIT Registrar U Sein Hla …),
- Dr. Maung Maung Nyo (National Literary Award winner, Life time achievement Award …),
- Dr. Khin Maung Nyo (Chemistry, Author, …)
and the writings (articles, kabyars …) by numerous “Not so young, not so old” readers
Early contributors include
- Po Shwe Kyu
- Thit Yaing
- U Khin Zaw
- U Tin Aye
- Dr. Myo Thant
- Dr. Nwe Oo
- Min Oo
- Yadanar Thu
- Win Myint (Myeik)
- Hazel Kyaw Zaw
- Padamyar Winhtein
Gone But Not Forgotten (GBNF)
Several sayas and alumni passed away recently.
- U Khin Aung Kyi (former Rector of RIT)
- Dr. Kyaw Thein (former Rector of ICST)
- U Ngwe Tun (former Lecturer of Civil Engineering)
- U Han Sein (C69, Prisoner of Conscience)
He was sentenced to 20 years and served 17 years
- There will be more commemorative broadcasts, publications and events on or around December 1, 2020.
- Due to the pandemic, most celebrations will be Virtual.