Yar Pyay Ah Kyo (Pre-centennial)
The celebrations took place in December 2019.
- The song “Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo” composed by Maung Ngwe Hlinne (Saya U Thet Lwin) was sung at the opening ceremony.
- Saya taught Burmese at the Institute of Economics and served on the RU Golden Jubilee Celebrations Committee in 1970.
- Saya served as Registrar at RIT.
- Saya retired from DHE (Department of Higher Education) as Director.
- Various versions of the song can be found on the Internet.
- One version is by the RIT Alumni in Singapore with U Yu Swan playing the Don Min.
- fund raisers / concerts
- exhibitions at Recreation Center …
- book stalls around RC and RU Library
- Unveiling of Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin’s bust
- Publication of books, kabyars …
- Commemorative articles in the Group, Newspapers and Journals
- Broadcasts of songs and dances related to Tekkatho
- Interview of Sayagyis and Sayamagyis
- Call for papers, posters, cartoons …
Saya U Thet Lwin
- Saya was honored by the Military for his composition of the Classic Tekkatho Song.
- An Honorarium of K30 Lakhs was given to Saya as part of the respect paying ceremony.
- Saya played the piano and sang “Mya Kyun Nyo” (which was a DAT PYA / BBS Record).
- For the DAT PYA, Saya received a remuneration of 100 Kyats from BBS>
He used it all to treat the members of the troupe that made the recording.
- RU Centennial falls on December 1, 2020
- Sayagyi U Ba Toke turns 100 on December 26, 2020
- Due to pandemic, some of the Celebrations are expected to be Virtual.
- I plan to complete 100+ educational videos as my pay back to my mentors — Thin Sayas, Myin Sayas and Kyar Sayas.