Lu Ye Chun
- The Lu Ye Chun (Outstanding Student) Program was established in 1964.
- Eligible students from 7th Standard to 10th Standard were chosen to attend the Ngapali Lu Ye Chun Camp.
- Dr. Oaksoe Kha, U Win Aung, Daw Pwint Than, U Kyaw Zaw, U Aung Myint … are some of the Luyechuns from the initial batch.
- The Lu Ye Chun Program was extended in 1965 for eligible students from Universities and Institutes.
- A new camp in Khaung Daing, Inlay was opened.
For the inaugural session the Inlay Camp housed university students and high school students.
- Luyechun for middle schools were sent to Ngapali Camp.
- The Rangoon “Combined” Camp briefly housed the Luyechuns from Ngapali and Inlay Camps.
In the Summer of 1965, I was selected as RIT Lu Ye Chun for the Inlay Camp along with U Sein Shwe, U Zaw Min [Nawaday] and Daw Khin Than Myint Tin (Margaret).
Luyechuns from other disciplines include
- Dr. Kyaw Sein Koe (Victor, GBNF), Dr. Anita Aye Pe, Dr. Khin Maung U and Dr. Than Than Tin (Cherry Hlaing) from IM(1)
- Dr. Soe Aung and Dr. Thein Win from IM2
- Dr. Tun Naung (BDS)
- Daw Khin Aye Than, U Maung Aye, Dr. Min Oo, U Ye Myint, U Soe Lwin … from RASU
- U Mya Than and U Tin Hlaing (Lay Dwin Thar Saw Chit) from MASU
- U Aung Kyi Myint (Agri)
- U Chit Hlaing (Moulemein)
Those from High School include
- Aung Kyaw Nyunt
- Aung Myint
- Aung Shwe
- Aung Win
- Baby Ohn
- Hla Kyaing
- Khin Khin Aye
- Kyaw Myint (Maubin)
- Kyaw Myint (Yamethin)
- Mie Mie Khine
- Nelson Kaw
- Ma Pwint Than
- Soe Aung
- Than Sit (GBNF)
- Thein Lwin
- Uttam Singh
The Luyechun Program ended in 1988.
There is an association for Luyechuns from 1964 – 1988.
- 7-time winners : 4
- 6-time winners : 23
- 5-time winners : 42
- 4-time winners : 203
- 3 -time winners : 467
- 2-time winners : 886
- 1-time winners : 3547
The Luyechun Program was revived for the younger generation.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the young Luyechuns selected for the Summer 2020 could not be sent to the Camps. They were awarded certificates and gifts at the regional ceremonies.