Class of 1958
- Per request of Dr. Freddie Ba Hli (Director General of UBARI and Part-time saya at the Electrical Engineering Department, his son U Htay Aung (Victor, EC80) provided the Class Photo of EE58.
- U Htay Aung is the nephew pf Saya U Sein Hlaing (EE Professor)
- Sayagyi U Ba Hli was the first native Dean of Engineering. He also taught Civil Engineering classes.
- Saya U Kyaw Tun is an early saya at the EE Department.
- Saya U Tin Swe retired as Lecturer.
In the early days, EE Department had a single professor.
Many years later, EC (Electronics) and EP (Power) would become separate Departments with their own Professors.
- U Maung Maung (UBARI) taught part time.
- Mr. Redpath (UK) and Dr. Calder (USA) were non-Burmese sayas.
- U Ba Than taught Mechanical Engineering subjects.
U Htin Paw (EE58, GBNF)
- Won two Gold Medals at the RU Convocation in 1958.
- Since the Endowment could not cover the rising cost of Gold, his family had to contribute K300 for the “true” Gold Medals.
- Joined the Faculty of Engineering as Assistant Lecturer.
- Studied for his Masters at the University of Michigan (under the UBARI scholarship).
- Upon his return, he taught part time at the EE Department while working for UBARI
- Transferred to the Electrical Inspectorate.
- Moved to USA.
- Past President of TBSA (Theravada Buddhist Society of America)
- Co-founder and President of BEA (Burmese Engineers Association).
- Son : Dr. Barry Paw (MD, Ph.D, GBNF)
- Brother : U Tun Thein (A67)
- Nephews : U Hla Thein (Robert, M72)
- Wrote a series of articles for “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”
Saya U Ba Nyunt (EE58)
- Joined the Faculty of Engineering as Assistant Lecturer
- Did further studies in the USA.
- Upon return to Burma, Saya transferred to BOC/MOC.
- Spouse : Daw May Su (Physics, GBNF)
- In 2000, visited USA to see his daughter and grand child.
- Attended SPZP-2000
Mini-reunion of the Class of 58 at SPZP-2000
- Saya U Htin Paw (EE58, GBNF)
- Saya U Ba Nyunt (EE58)
- Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF)
- Saya Dr. San Hla Aung (C58)
- Mr. Oscar Shazaree (C58)