- Some names have one word e.g. Mya, Nu, Thant, Tin
- Some have two or three words.
- It was not common to have long names.
An exception is a cartoon character named “Khin Maung Thein Tun Win”
We need additional information to disambiguate the names.
- U Aung Myint (M67, GBNF)
Helped U Win Thein (M67) with Set Hmu Thadinzin.
Worked for UNICEF.
- U Aung Myint (M69)
Taught at RIT and Singapore Poly.
Hobbies : Painting, Motivational messages
- U Aung Myint (Pet69)
Taught at RIT
Known for his cartoons (notably Kyant Ba Hone)
Patron of “RIT Cartoon Box”
- U Aung Myint (Min70)
Actor, guitarist and vocalist.
Known as “Thamankyar Ko Myint”.
- U Aung Myint
“Yogi Thway Say”
Operates a recording studio (initially for his spouse : Phyu Thi).
- Dr. Aung Myint (Chemistry)
- U Aung Myint (Donald, Dhamma friend)
- U Han Sein (C69)
Multiple sports athlete : Swimming, Water Polo, Basketball
69er HCF members inadvertently put him in the GBNF list unaware that the Adhamma authorities “sneaked him away” for many years.
- U Han Sein (M72)
Taught at RIT
Joined the Navy.
Retired as a Deputy Minister.
- U Han Sein (Dawei)
Father : U Maung Lwin
- U Soe Win (M66)
Close friend of Saya Lin (M66).
- U Soe Win (EP69, GBNF)
Captain of RIT Basketball team.
- U Soe Win (EC70)
Worked for UCC and PTC.
- Dr. Soe Win (SPHS58) stood First in Burma.
Retired as Rector of YUFL
- U Soe Win (Met and Hydro)
- U Soe Win (NHK)
- Some names are misspelled
- The most notable is Saya U Tin Swe.
Many called him wrongly as U Tint Swe or U Tin Shwe.
- Some Myanmar names cannot be easily pronounced by foreigners.
- Thane is easier to pronounce than Thein
- Kai is easier to pronounce than Khaing or Khine.
- My name has been mispronounced as La and Hala