East Coast Reunion in 2009
- The first East Coast Reunion took place in Virginia in 2009.
- U Kyaw Than (M58, ex-UBA, Canada) was one of the senior alumni.
- His spouse Rosemary Than was a sister of Veronica (my primary school classmate, Gangaw Travel)
- Sometime back Rosemary messaged me with a request for the contact information of a common friend.
- She then added that U Kyaw Than has passed away.
- U Nyein Min (C79, Virginia) operated “Wunna Construction” (named after his son).
He is the cousin of U Thura Thant Zin (M76, Southern California).
He invited his classmate friend U San Myint Than (Sammy, EC79, Texas) to come and help organize the gathering.
- Dr. L. Sein Myint (M73, Maryland) is one of the organizers.
He is the younger brother of U L. Kyee Myint (early Chartered Accountant) and U L. Than Myint (M63, RUBC Gold).
He studied in UK and worked in several places (including Alaska and Malaysia).
He told me that he would pick me up at the airport and host me.
- Most of the attendees were from East Coast (e.g. New York, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey) and Canada
- I flew in from Northern California
- Saya U Tin Htut (M69) flew in from Southern California
- U Tha Aung (M), Daw Kinsa Maw Naing (ChE) and several others were from Canada
- During my trip, Dr. L Sein Myint, U Wynn Myint Aung (EC76, Frederick, Maryland), U Htin Linn (ex-PTC, Washington, D.C. ) and my uncle U Thein Han (Silver Spring, Maryland) hosted me.
- Dr. Win Aung (M62, iNeer) and spouse hosted a dinner for us.
His father Saya C Ping Lee joined Saya U Kyaw Tun as the early EE sayas.
H.E. U Than Aung (Education) asked his former student C. Ping Lee to head the Directorate of Technical and Vocational Education.
Dr. Win Aung wrote an article about his father for SPZP-2000.
- U Min Han (ChE77) took most of the pictures.