- Offered as an Option by the Economics Department, Rangoon University.
- Became a separate Department under the Faculty of Social Science.
- Later became a Department of the Institute of Economics.
- Professor William Paw was President of RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club).
As Treasurer of RUBC, I had to see Saya William Paw several times.
- Saya William Paw served as Chair of the Rangoon University Sports Council.
- Dr. Khin Maung Kyi attended RU as a monk.
Saya is known for his debates and writings.
He taught at Commerce Department and later headed the Research Department.
He later taught in Malaysia and Singapore.
I visited Saya in Singapore to hand over a parcel/present by Saya U Myo Min (UCC).
- First met Saya Dr. Khin Maung Kyawe (his preferred spelling over “Kywe”) when my cousin uncle Saya U Than Lwin (Eric) took me to the Social Science Library.
My uncle taught Economics and also served as Librarian.
He would give rides to the sayas including Saya “Jimmy” KMK.
I met Saya Dr. KMK in the mid 80’s as Head of BERB (Burma Education Research Bureau).
I attended several meetings at BERB.
- Saya Dr. Mya Than taught and/or did research at the Institute of Economics, Singapore and Thailand.
Before going for further studies, he taught at PBRS (Private Boundary Road School).
Spouse : Daw Kyi May Kaung
- Saya U Myo Min (UCC) won medals for standing first in I.Com in 1960 and first in B.Com in 1962.
He became a Chartered Account.
He worked as Systems Analyst for IBM UK.
Per request from his mother and Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe, Saya Myo came back to Burma to help with the UCC Project.
In April 1971, he joined UCC as Manager of Business Applications.
He taught classes at UCC and the Institute of Economics.
He moved to Singapore and then to USA.
- U Mya Thein and U Thein Oo transferred to UCC as Business Application Programmer/Analyst.
U Mya Thein (GBNF) retired as Manager of Business Applications at UCC. He also taught at IMBTU.
U Thein Oo is an entrepreneur.
He co-founded MCI.
He founded Ace,
- Per request of Ko Kyi Soe and Ko Aung Myin, I helped with one course (Mathematics of Finance & related topics) conducted by CGA (Commerce Graduate Association).
- Uzin Kondannadhaja (“George” Chan Min) was the de facto leader for the Institute of Economic Rowing teams (including U Htin Kyaw and U Soe Thin).
He worked for EPC and also attended courses at UCC.
He moved to the USA.
After retirement, U Chan Min decided to become a monk. For the transition, he asked me to be a temporary monk with him for a week (or so).
He is mostly at Dhammananda Vihara in Half Moon Bay, California.
Per request from his brother Dr. Patheda Tin, Uzin spent one vassa at the Chan Myei Yeiktha in Springfield, Illinois.