- U Aung Zaw
- Sayagyi U Ba Toke
U Aung Zaw
- M.Sc. (Computer Science) from Southampton University in the UK.
- Managed a team of System Programmers at UCC and CSO.
- Taught Computer Science at UCC, ABAC and in Australia.
- Co-authored Lecture Guides for use at UCC with Saya U Soe Paing and U Hla Min.
- Wrote articles and poems.
- His elder sister in Myanmar published them as two books.
- I edited part of the first book “Dhamma and Bawa” and also wrote the Preface.
- Based on his ideas, I wrote “A grandfather’s advice for a fruitful life & peace of mind” for a section of the second book “Cetana Thi Thar Kan“.
Dhamma and Bawa (First Book)
Cetana Thi Thar Kan (Second Book)
Sayagyi U Ba Toke
Life Journey of Mathematics Professor U Ba Toke
- Sayagyi U Ba Toke is a Phwa Bet Taw of (a) Rangoon University (established by the 1920 Rangoon University Act (b) First Strike of Rangoon University students (later celebrated as Ah Myo Thar Aung Pwe Nay). All three events occurred in December 1920.
- Saya Dr. Khin Maung Swe (Tekkatho Maung Thin Char) interviewed Sayagyi.
- The interview covered six audio tapes. They were transcribed by Sayama Daw Myint Myint Khaing (daughter of Arzani Mahn Ba Khaing).
- With the support of the Rangoon University Mathematics Association, they compiled and published the book as an 80+ Birthday present for Sayagyi.
- During my visits to Yangon, I visited and paid respect to Sayagyi.
- Sayagyi gave Ko Ohn Khine (M70) and me autographed copies of the book.