U Yone Mo
- Retired as Chief Engineer from Burma Railways.
- In 1961, the Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University moved to Gyogone and had a new name Burma Institute of Technology (BIT).
U Yone Mo was named Dean.
- Under the new Education System, BIT became an autonomous Institute with a new name Rangoon Institute of Technology (RIT).
Sayagyi became the Rector.
- U Wynn Htain Oo (M72) remembers how his friends were having fun with the “Ye Punn”.
Saya U Yone Mo saw them, but did not scold them. He said with a smile, “Young men, you can go to the University Swimming Pool or to the Inya Kan (Lake)”.
- Per Saya Allen Htay (C58), Sayagyi established the weekly “Yoke Shin” at the Assembly Hall.
- Saya Dr. Aung Gyi (then Professor of Civil Engineering) remembered seeing a letter from U Yone Mo (Rector) sent to U Yone Mo (Parent of a son who happened to visit his gambling friends at the hostel).
Saya told the Admin to stow away the letter.
- Ko Zaw Min Nawaday knows Sayagyi and his spouse (Daw Elizabeth Yone Mo, High Ranking Nurse at RGH and a close friend of Daw Khin May Than) very well.
Sayagyi and Dr. Aung Gyi were in May Myo during one summer.
Sayagyi asked Dr. Aung Gyi and Ko Zaw Min to accompany him.
They ate Khauk Swe.
Sayagyi reminded them gently not to tell about his “Khauk Swe” appetite to Sayagadaw.