- Dr. Daw Thin Kyi is the first native Professor of Geography.
She is also one of the early female Professors at Rangoon University.
- U Kyaw moved to Workers’ College as Principal.
Children : U Myo Nyunt (Harry Kyaw), Daw San San Kyaw
- Dr. Tin Htoo was a senior lecturer.
- For the Rangoon University Golden Jubilee Celebrations in 1970, I worked as a volunteer assistant for Saya U Hla Tun Aung, who was in charge of the “Zay Nay Yar Cha Htar Yee Committee”.
Among those who applied for permits include U Maung Maung Tar (Academy winning actor, trying to sell his line of make up) and the Playboys (Than Naing, Thein Tan, … who wanted to set up a “high”stage.
- Saya Dr. U Win attended UCC before going for his graduate studies in the US. He is an expert on Geographical Information Systems (GIS). He was the last speaker for the conferences held by Burma Research Society (BRS). The higher authorities entered the room and announced that “BRS will be disbanded the following day ”.
U Win blogged about his former sayas and sayamas. Dr. Daw Thin Kyi told him to collaborate with the Statistics sayas at the Institute of Economics for his thesis and projects.
- After the Education System changes in 1964 and post-1988, there are many more Rectors and Professors.
- Myint Myint Khine and her friends have posted photos of the senior sayamas and sayas.