Dr. Kyaw Thet
- Studied in UK
- Taught in Burma and as Visiting Professor in the USA
- Spouse : Daw Khin Khin Kyi taught History at Rangoon University and a US College
- Children :
Lyn Maung Thet (GBNF)
Dr. Khin Nyo Thet (MEHS63)
Dr. Lyn Aung Thet (MEHS64)
Khin Aye Thet
- Dr. Khin Nyo Thet and spouse Dr. Lyn Swe Aye established the “Aye-Thet Scholarship” in Khin Aye Thet’e memory.
Prizes are awarded to successful participants at the Summer Dhamma Camp at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay.
Sponsors from Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA) and donors also helped run the Camp.
- Dr, Lyn Aung Thet and Dr. Cherry Hlaing were tied for the highest marks in the Matriculation examination of 1964.
Dr. Cherry Hlaing won the tie breaker with a perfect ILA score.
Both were selected Tekkatho Lu Ye Chun from IM(1).
Dr. Lyn Aung Thet led the Institute of Medicine (1) Swimming and Water Polo team (which won Inter-Institute Trophy).
He is also good at Tennis and Chess.
U Ba Nyunt
- “Known for his song Chit Dukkha”
- History Professor
Bohmu Ba Shin
- Bohmu (later Colonel) Ba Shin
- Head of the Burma Historical Commission
- Spouse : Sayama
Dr. Nyan Htain (Texas)
Dr. Than Tun
- Professor of History at the University of Rangoon
- Visiting Professor in Japan and Northern Illinois University (NIU)
- Was a vocal critic of sayas being asked to do “extra” work not related to sudies and research
- First met Saya as a Char Taik.
My uncle Saya U Than Lwin (GBNF) introduced him at the Recreation Center.
- His son-in-law attended classes at UCC.
Dr. Khin Maung Nyunt
- Dr. Khin Maung Nyunt wanted to be a diplomat. While waiting to sit for the examinations, he joined the History Department. The professor (Head of the Department) asked him — with full confidence — to be a relieving saya for him. The rest is history.
- Even after retirement as Director General, he continued teaching …