- In 1920, Judson College and Rangoon College became constituent colleges of the newly established University of Rangoon.
- Rangoon College named most of its hall after places (e.g. Pegu, Prome, Mandalay, Sagaing).
- Two buildings for Judson College were donated by the American Baptists.
- The Willington Hall was built in memory of two families — the Vintons and the Johnsons — of the Church of Willington for their missionary work in Burma.
It was later known as Dagon Hall.
- The Benton Hall was donated by Ms. Benton (Treasurer of the Judson Church and/or Judson College).
It was later known as Thiri Hall.
- Depending on the period, a Hall may house classrooms or may be used as a hostel.
- There was also a building named North Hall (which later became Shwebo Hall).
Evolution of halls
- Mandalay Hall was a Residence Hall.
- After the “Dark Days” (7th July and 8th July 1962), several Residence Halls (including Mandalay Hall) were converted into Admin Offices and/or Classrooms.
- Mandalay Hall was a temporary home for the UCC project before moving to Thamaing College Campus.
The UCC Project was located on the third floor.
- Geology majors had most of their classes at Mandalay Hall.
- G-Hall in the Gyogone Campus initially housed single sayas.
- In November 1964, G-Hall became a resident hall for female students.
Madan Chand (C70) was inadvertently listed to reside at G-Hall.
Lyo Kyin Sein (T69) was inadvertently listed to attend at a men’s Hall (e.g. C-Block)