- History of Myanmar Engineering Education
- Two projects
- First project was named HMEE-2012
- HMEE-2012 covers the History of Myanmar Engineering.
- It was published in 2012.
- Saya U Ba Than, Saya U Soe Paing and Saya U Thaw Kaung were Core Supporters of the project.
- U Ba Than hosted the initial meetings for HMEE-2012.
He provide many photos for the project.
- He requested U Thaw Kaung to provide HMEE team members access to RUCL (Rangoon University Central Library).
- U Soe Paing and team scanned documents (articles and photos)
- Saya U Aung Hla Tun was the Lead Compiler / Author.
Served as Chief Editor of the RIT Annual Magazines in the early days.
Won National Literary Award.
- U Ohn Khine and I compiled a CD supplement for the book.
Due to time and resource constraints, only a fraction of the materials could be described in the book “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar”
A CD was compiled by U Ohn Khine (M70) and me to provide sources of the materials covered in the book.
The list is not comprehensive, but we have attempted to cover as much historical data and articles as possible.
- Some materials for non-Burmese readers
- (a) The History of Engineering Education in Burma Part 1 was translated by U Ohn Khine (M 70). Saya Des Rodgers provided his editorial expertise to correct the contextual and usage errors.
- (b) Part 2 is not a complete translation of the Burmese text. To avoid duplication of some materials (e.g. lengthy tables), we have chosen to present a summary and overview. The presentation could be elaborated in future editions.
- Archives from the RIT web sites: http://www.ex-rit.org and http://www.rit-alumni.info.
Thanks to U Khin Maung Zaw and U Wunna Ko Ko for designing and maintaining the web sites.
- Archives from the SPZPs: SPZP-2000 (San Francisco), SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010 (Singapore), and SPZP-2004 (Yangon)
- Photo Albums from the above web sites, RIT Alumni Facebook Pages, Sayagyi U Ba Than, Saya U Soe Paing and U Myo Myint (EC67)
- History of the various Engineering Departments by the former Head of Departments (Dr. Aung Gyi, U Min Wun, U Aung Khin, U Soe Khaw, U Thit, U Myo Myint Sein …)
- Excerpts from “RIT Alumni International Newsletter Updates” from 1999 – 2012 by U Hla Min (EC 69)
- Saya U Tin U, Saya U Ba Than and Saya U Khin Aung Kyi gave interviews for HMEE-2012 project.
- Saya U Soe Paing, U Ohn Khine and I proof read HMEE-2012 and provided corrections (e.g. RIT Luyechun list did not contain 1965), but they was not enough time to do all the corrections.
- The follow-up project is named HMEE-2018
- Saya U Aung Hla Tun is the main author for the HMEE-2018 Project. The project will cover revisions and extensions to HMEE-2012.
- Will publish several books.