- In the early days, less than 10 percent passed the Matriculation examination.
- It was an honor to prefix one’s name with Tekkatho or University.
- Khin Nyo wrote
I think in 1957 only 2% Passed and the total is 20000.
Even dancer AmarSein was conferred with the title Thekkatho Amar Sein by the Rector Dr Tha Hla.
Tekaktho Moe War (U Moe Aung)
- Taught Electrical Engineering at RIT.
- Worked in Singapore
- After retirement, moved back to Myanmar
- Taught refresher courses (e.g. Electrical Saftey) at Electrical Inspectorate.
- Kept mind alert by writing poems and articles in the weekly publications.
- Distinguished Writer, Poet, Editor and Publisher.
- Editor, RUESU Annual Magazine
- Chief Editor, RIT Annual Magazines for more than a decade.
- Chief Editor, Hlyat Sit Sar Saung
- Chief Editor, Commemorative issues of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010 in Singapore
- Chief Editor, Commemorative issues of Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for Shwe YaDu (2014) and SPZP-2016 in Yangon
- Published Kabyars (one book for solo, another book by RIT poets and another by former EC members of Tekkatho Kalaung Ah Thinn)
- Published book (Collection of articles)