- Sad News
- Last Journey
- Early Days of Veda
- Not so distant past
ယနေ့ 13-5-2020 (May 13, 2020)
နံနက် 07:05 အချိန်တွင်
(၁၅.၅.၂၀၂၀) နေ့လည် ၁၂နာရီခွဲ နေအိမ်မှကားများထွက်ခွာပြီး ရေဝေးသုသာန်၌ ၂နာရီ မီး သဂြိုလ်မည်ဖြစ်ပါသည်။
Early Days of Veda
- U Myint Sein was my friend from Primary school.
- He is a founding member of Burma Astro Research Bureau (BARB),
- He was Principal at BARB.
- He requested me to develop programs for Veda calculations and predictions.
- Ko Win Latt developed Win Horo.
- Ko Zaw Tun developed a Prolog program for prediction.
- As a “Jack of all trades and Master of some”, I ended up sharing my Veda knowledge to selected Computer Science students and my Computing expertise to selected Veda sayas.
- Several BARB sayas and students use programmable calculators and hand held computers for their study and practice.
- He also led discussion groups at selected houses (e.g. U Khin Maung San, Bohmu Thane Myint) over lunch.
- I became acquainted with Veda sayas : U Khin Aung Bo, U Than Htay, U Myint Lwin and Bogyi Kyaw Zan Hla (to name a few).
- I also wrote articles (with pen names) for Jotisha Veda magazine.
Not so distant past
- Several years back, I visited U Myint Sein at his house.
- He showed me the text he had written for the School of Indigenous Medicine.
- He was fond of Medical Astrology.
Several doctors would request advice from him.
- He founded IDEA Astrology.
- He passed away peacefully in his house (while watching TV).
He had earlier come back from Okkalapa where he had brunch.
- Of the original EC members, Saya U Min Wun is the lone survivor.
- Saya U Aye Win Kyaw was sad to lose his son unexpectedly due to electrical safety. He passed away due to his medical condition. The family suffered a double tragedy.
- Several BARB sayas (notably U Khin Aung Bo, U Myint Lwin and U Than Htay) led the helm of MARB as President and Vice Presidents.
- U Myint Lwin (Phalita expert) passed away some years ago. He helped with the early Veda Calendars.
- U Khin Aung Bo (Thanhita expert) used to take “time off” to enjoy his cigarette. He fell backward while praying / reciting. He passed away passed away in Yangon on May 13, 2020 at the tender age of 80.
- U Than Htay (Ganita) is the lone survivor of the Trio. He had some medical problems, but he continued disseminating his Veda knowledge.