U Soe Thu (C98)
Group Photo taken in front of U Silananda Hall at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay.
U Chan Min
- Rowed for the Institute of Economics,
His crew members include U Htin Kyaw (Peter) and U Soe Thinn.
- Attended the computer classes at UCC in Rangoon.
- Became a monk at Dhammananda Vihara (Half Moon Bay) after his retirement.
U Tha Aung (M79) and Daw Kinsa Maw-Naing (ChE79)
- Hosted mini reunions in Canada
- Volunteer as SPZP2016 representatives.
- Sayamagyi Daw Tinsa Maw-Naing was my English teacher in I Sc(A).
Dear Ko Hla Min,
Happy Birthday and to say thank you for all your efforts in keeping RIT alumni connected globally. Even though we don’t have much to say, we always follow your updates.
May you have a happy healthy long life and lots of ku-tho.
with metta from Tha Aung & Kinsa
Saya U Htun Aung Kyaw (ChE67, SPHS61)
Happy Birthday Ko Hla Min and cutie pie!
I appreciate all you hard work and dedication to RIT Alumni newsletter.
Sorry I cannot attend the event.
Thanks for your appreciation
Dear Sayas and Colleagues,
It is truly amazing to be appreciated by sayas and alumni. he following are some examples.
- Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi and Daw Emma called from Canada to wish my Cutie Pie and me. They also sponsored “Tohu Thoke” for the attendees.
Sayagyi sent Ko Maurice his congratulatory message for me to be read at the soon kyway gathering. See the following section for details.
- Saya U Tin Htut flew in from Southern California.
- Ko San Lin (M 87, “Maung Lu Pay”) took “time off” from work to attend the soon kyway.
- Ko Kyaw Myint (M 83) delegated his “Flower shop” to his assistant to attend the soon kyway.
- Ko Myint Soe (M79), who recently had knee surgery, requested Ko Aung Myint Oo (EC 84) to give him and his spouse a ride to the soon kyway.
- Due to tight multiple schedules, Angelina and Ko Benny Tan (M 70) came in separate cars so that Ko Benny can have more time with his sayas and colleagues
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M 60) will celebrate his 80th birthday in December, 2016. Saya only drive local short distance, so he asked Ko Thein Naing (Patrick) to give him a ride.
- Daw Mu Mu Khin, spouse of Saya Allen Htay, had tears in her eyes. She said that Saya would wish to be at the RIT mini-gatherings.
She gave me silk neck ties that were bought (but never worn) by Saya Allen.
She shares the birthday on August 18 with my Cutie Pie.
- Ko Maurice ordered a “generic” cake to celebrate Daw Mu Mu Khin, Ko Myint Swe (EP 74), … and [known] August born.
- Ko Maurice hand crafted a custom “birthday greetings” card with extracts from the birthday greetings from the RIT updates.
The messages from Saya Dr. San Hla Aung, Ko Tha Aung, Ma Kinsa Maw-Naing came in too late to be incorporated into the gigantic card.
- Ko Maurice spent countless days organizing the event.
Following the tradition of his late father Uncle U Wah Kyu, Ko Maurice also prepared “custom” birayani (dan bauk).
- Ko Charlie Tseng (EC 70) and Ma Diana Tseng (ChE 71) ordered TWO large birthday cakes for me.
- The full list of food donors and sponsors are maintained by Ko Maurice.
- Ko Johnson Lim (cousin of Ko Robert San Lin) needs a human walking “cane” (his beloved spouse). They are regular food donors at most events.
- Daw Kyu Kyu Lin (T 75) rarely attends gatherings.
She made an exception this time.
She brought “Kyee Oh See Kyet”.
She also gave a ride to two Textile grads: Ko Than Htay (T 75) and Ma Bibsu (T 76).
- Saya Daw Khin Khin Chit Maung also rarely attends gatherings.
She made an exception this time.
She and Saya U Myo Min fetched Saya U Tin Htut (Daw KKCM’s elder brother) at the air port and also brought him to the Half Moon Bay monastery.
- Ko Gordon Kaung (M 83) and Ma Lillian Kaung (EC 83) drove 2+ (may be close to 3) hours from Napa.
- They also brought a bottle of iNapa Premium wine and also some desserts.
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C 68) spent a decade or so as President of TBSA (Theravada Buddhist Society of America) at half Moon Bay monastery.
Today was a sort of “welcome back” for Saya and Ma Ku (Daw Hnin Maung Maung).
- Saya U Maung Maung (George, ChE 66) is a Past President of Northern California RIT Alumni Association and a founding member of RIT Alumni International.
e and Daw Eng Eng (sister of Saya U Myat Thwin, ChE 66) brought samoosa.
- There were a few young and not so young alumni at the event. They include Ko Soe Thu (C 98), Ma Thandar, …
- Saya U Nyo Win (M 65) and spouse were caught in the traffic.
- Saya U Thein Aung (Met 72) and Sandra (M 76) brought their daughter …
- Dr. Myint Thein (M 73) talked about his “Htaik Htar” (Daw Nyo Nyo Win (T 73) and provide examples of “Applied English” (e.g. “air cut” for stroke)