The following artifacts bring back sweet memories.
Collegiate Scholarship winners from SPHS in 1963
There were five Paulians in the Top Five, seven in the Top Ten, and ten in the Top Twenty in the first ever Matriculation Only examination in 1963.
- Dr. Khin Maung U (Retired from FDA, USA) – 1st
- Dr. Min Oo (Retired Maths Professor, Canada) – 2nd
- Dr. Myo San (Freddie, Surgeon, GBNF) – 3rd
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor, Retired Professor, IM and Malaysia) – 4th
- Dr. Thein Wai (Migrated to USA after graduation) – 5th
- U Hla Min (Retired Software Engineer) – 7th
- Dr. Aung Kyaw Zaw (Cardiologist) – 9th
- U Maung Maung Kyi (Dip Ing, Retiree, Wales) – 11th
- U Aung Thu Yein (Brownie, EC69, GBNF) – 13th
- Dr. Khin Maung Zaw (Frank, Retired Medical Specialist, UK) – 17th
- T-shirt (designed by Ko Benny Tan)
- Mug (designed by Ko Benny Tan)
- Calendar/clock (designed by Ko Benny Tan)
- Kyauk Si Bagyee (designed by Ko Maurice Chee)
- All four items are provided as Garawa to Sayagyis and Sayamagyi attending SPZP-2000
T-shirts were provided to all sayas, sayamas and volunteers
The rest were put on sale for fund raising
- Ko Benny also designed the SPZP Banner.
At the closing ceremony, the Banner was handed over to Ko Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69, Singapore).
- Use the mug for drinking coffee
- C-C-C cannot display the newest calendars
Changed batteries a couple of times
- Wear the commemorative T-shirt occasionally.
- Commemorative Issue of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter” for SPZP-2000
Chief Editor : U Hla Min
Associate Editors : Saya U Thein Aung, Ko Henry Lim
- Appreciation award (from RIT Alumni International)
- Pen from U Tun Aung (EC68)
- Cover is worn out
40th Anniversary of 69ers (2009)
Address Book for 69ers
- U Aung Min (M69) and team compiled the Addresses for 30th and 40th Anniversaries
- For the 50th Anniversary, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses were provided (instead of Addresses)
Shwe YaDu (2014)
- Received the Key Chain from Saya U Tin Htut
Birthday Soon Kyway (Aug 2016)
Birthday wishes – 2 sets
- Ko Maurice Chee (M75) organized a Birthday Soon Kyway at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay, Ko Maurice Chee in August 2016.
- He prepared electronic and hard copy of the birthday wishes.
- Another set was for attendees, who had not sent wishes by e-mail.
- Thanks to the sayas, colleagues and friends for a memorable gathering.
Appreciation from Sayas and Alumni in US and Canada
- Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi could not attend the soonkyway, but he requested Ko Maurice Chee to donate a food dish for him and his family.
Sayagyi’s message was read by Ko Maurice.
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) presented the appreciation award at Half Moon Bay soonkwyay and gathering (August 2016).
NorCal RITAA Dinner (Dec 2016)
Alumni Appreciation Award from NorCalRITAA
The award was signed by
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68, Chair, BOD)
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83, President)
- U Thaung Nyunt (M87, Secretary)
Saya U Myat Htoo presented the award to me at the NorCal RITAA Annual Dinner, 2016.
Coffee mug with photos
My beloved grandchildren gave me a present for Grand Father’s Day.
- CC (Competent Communicator)
- ACB (Advanced Communicator Bronze)
- ACS (Advanced Communicator Silver)
- ACG (Advanced Communicator Gold)
- CL (Competent Leader)
- ALB (Advanced Leader Bronze)
- ALS (Advanced Leader Silver)
- DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster)
I served as
- Club Officer
- Area Governor
- Club Coach
- Contest Chair
- Guest Speaker
- Test Speaker
- Team Builder (for Excellent Leadership)
Loaded with Dhamma Talks / Lectures
- Rreceived an MP3 player (loaded with dhamma talks) from Ko Khin Maung Tun, President, Swel Daw Yeik Foundation.
At the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles, California.
Also received MP3 players from
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt
- My sisters
- Dhamma friends
Each player has Paritta Pali (protective verses) and dhamma talks by different sayadaws.
When my Desk Top that I used for writing “RIT Alumni International Newsletter Updates” died, CABA gave me a replacement Lap Top as a long term loan.
For writing, translating, editing or proof-reading
I edited or proof-read some books written by
- Sayadaws (U Silananda, U Jota)
- Sayas (Saya Des Rodgers) and
- Friends (Saya U Aung Zaw).
They provided me copies of their books.
I also received copies from others. They include
- “Myanmar in my life-time”
Book by BBS U Khin Zaw
air mailed from Australia by U Wint Khin Zaw
- Book honoring Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint
air mailed from Australia by Dr. TOKM
- Centennial for U Khin Maung Latt and Daw Khin Myo Chit
Two books given by Junior Win, twin sister of Maung Yit
- Books by U Ye Sint (former Editor of Dhammanda Newsletter)
Pathan Dethana (Dhamma Dana by his siblings)
- U Kesala (Chief Resident monk, Alodaw Pyie Monastery in Arizona)
Several other books
- “Nga Doh Khit Ka Tekkatho”
Book by Shwe Ky May Hnin
Given to me at the San Francisco Bay Area Talk
- Books by Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War)
Collection of Poems
Collection of Articles
- Book by Saya U Nyunt Htay
Collection of Swel Daw Poems
- Books by Nyan Oo Maung
Currently known as “Mudita Shwe Kyaung Sayadaw U Nyanika
- Books by various sayadaws in the Bay Area and beyond
Dhamma Bheri Sayadaw
Aung San Tat Oo Sayadaw
- Books by Dr. San Oo, Daw Than Yi and family
- “Yahandar and Poke Ko Htoo Myar”
Book by Dhammacariya U Htay Hlaing
(in the 80’s for translating several of his “Dhamma Duta” articles)
- Books by Sayawun (Dr.) Tin Shwe
Given by his daughter Tyn Tyn Aye during her UCC studies
- U Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ) mailed me two books that he bought in Myanmar.
U Thant Ah Yay Ah Khin
Collection Bagan poems (by Zawgyi, translated by Ah May Thar).
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt believes in a “revolving library”.
Gave me several books that he enjoyed reading.
Book by Dat Pone Htein Win
Given at 5th ILF in Mandalay
- Books by Members of Professional Spakers Association (PSA)
Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing
Editor for “90th Anniversary Issue of the Founding of RUBC” (2013)
Wrote poems and articles for
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter (for SPZP-2000)
- “Swel Daw Yeik Sarsaung” for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010
- “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for Shwe YaDu”
U Ohn Khine (M70) and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012.
Received “raw” and formal CDs and DVDs for the various RIT Gatherings.