Balance may stand for
- Weighing machine / Scale
- Zodiac sign for Libra
- Difference between income and expenditure, dues and payment
e.g. Balance Sheet,
Balance of a back account
- Moderation / Avoiding extremes
- Aerial artists usually employ safety nets.
- The Flying Wallendas (seven family members) performing the Human Pyramid were the exception.
- One fateful night, one member lost balance causing tragedy.
The First Sermon mentioned the avoidance of two extremes :
- Indulgence of pleasures
- With mental lapse, middle aged and elderly can lose balance easily.
e.g. slip beside the bed
- Moderation is the key to health and happiness.
- Blood thinner helped a friend get back his health.
- Overuse of blood thinner sent another to the hospital.
The following may be detrimental to one’s health
- Lack of exercise
- Extreme diet
In some meditation retreats, the practitioners alternate sitting meditation and walking meditation
- Not much sleep
It is important to maintain a balance for most things (especially work and family).
- Several astronauts had success with the flights, but had family problems.
- Some entrepreneurs had success with the business, but had family issues.