Update : July 29, 2020
- U Tha Aung (M78)
Spouse : Daw Kinsa Maw-Naing
They hosted RIT reunions in Canada
Worked with Canadian NGOs in Myanmar
- Tha Beinda
- U Tha Din (RUBC Captain)
- U Tha Din (RUBC Gold)
Daughter : Joe Phyu
- U Tha Din (Political Science, Saya)
- Dr. Tha Hla (Sayagyi)
Professor of Geology
Interim Dean of the Faculty of Engineering
Rector of the University of Rangoon
Retired from UN
- Dr. Tha Hla
Dermatologist and personal physician of Tripitaka Sayadaw.
He was conferred Wunna Kyaw Htin by the government.
Sons : Theikdi Hla, Eikdi Hla
- U Tha Hlaing (Head of the RIT Physics)
- U Tha Hlaing (EC83)
Stood Joint First with U Thaung Tin (EC83, KMD) in the Final Year
Parents : Dr. Freddie Ba Hli, Daw Myint Thwe (Betty)
Siblings : Tin Tin Hlaing, Min Thet Tun
- U Tha Htay (M70)
Philanthropist and Entrepreneur
Major donor for the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65
Head of MES (Nay Pyi Taw Chapter)
- Tha Ka Doe (Writer)
- U Tha Mya
- U Tha Myat (Maths Honors)
Kyay Taing Min Gyi
Children : Than Than Tint (UCC), Tin Tun (UCC)
- U Tha Noe (Writer)
- U Tha Oo (Shan Pyay, Writer)
- U Tha San (Actor, Director)
- U Tha Sein (Sunlun)
- U Tha Win
Son : Eddie (Dr. Nyunt Win)
- U Tha Win (Latha)
- H.E. U Than Aung (SPHS Saya)
Minister for Education in AFPFL government)
Sons : Ko Dway, Alphonso, Charlie
- Dr. Than Aung (Ophthalmologist, EENT)
- Dr. Than Aung (SPHS66)
Brother: Kyaw Oo
- U Than Aung (Uzin)
Parents : Chit Tin, Than Yi
Brothers : San Aung, Mya Aung, May Aung
- U Than Aye (UCC)
- U Than Byin (Writer)
- U Than Daing
Early devotee of Mogok Sayadaw U Vimala
Daughter : Kyi Kyi Daing
Son-in-law : U Sway Tin
Grand sons : Ko Ko Sway Tin, Nyi Nyi Sway Tin
He and U Sway Tin recorded, wrote and translated dhamma books for the Mogok Vipassana Ah Thinn.
- U Than Htay (SPHS63, RIT)
- U Than Htay (Vice President, MARB)
- U Than Htay (Former teaching assistant of Saya U Aye Cho in Japan)
- A1 Than Htut (Stanley Bu, Director)
Father : U Hla Bu
Siblings : Margie, Freddie, Bobby, Wunna
- U Than Htut (Educator)
- U Than Htut (M67, RUBC Gold)
Siblings : Ko Ko Lay, Maw, Zaw
- U Than Htut (Director)
Spouse : Wah Wah Win Shwe
- U Than Htut (Harry Whaunt, Australia)
- U Than Lwin (Eric, GBNF)
Brother : Ronald
Taught Economics at BIT as a Visiting Lecturer
Served as Librarian at the Faculty of Social Science
Daw Myint Myint Khin was Assistant Librarian. She moved to RIT as Librarian.
- U Than Lwin (Henry, EC69)
Retired from RIT EE Department.
Senior to us in marriage
- U Than Lwin (UCC, CSO, Singapore)
Spouse : Khin Swe Oo
Masters in Mathematics and Computer Science
- U Than Lwin (Tennis)
Spouse : Mu Mu Khin (Tennis)
Succeeded Joe Ba Maung as National Tennis Champion for Singles. They were Doubles Champion.
- Dr. Than Lwin (Kyin Hin, RUBC, GBNF)
Brother : Aung Myint Maung
- U Than Lwin (EPC)
- U Than Lwin (US State Department)
Father : U Ba Lwin (Myoma)
Spouse : VOA Announcer
- Hinthada U Than Maung
Children : Cho Than Maung, Swe Swe Than, Wai Wai Than
- Myitzuthaka U Than Maung
Children : Margaret, Edward, Freddie
- U Than Myaing (M69)
RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Shin
Often visits his family in the USA
- Dr. Than Naing (Bonny Kywe, SPHS66, Geology)
Hosted a Paulian Gathering at Olympic Park, Sydney in 2006.
- U Than Naing (Herman Ba Hpyu, Drummer & vocalist)
Father : Ba Hpyu
Brother : Raymond (Sein Lwin)
- Commodore Than Pe (Minister of Health and Education)
President of RUBC
First from the 17-man Revolutionary Council to pass away
- U Than Pe (Accountant)
Brothers : Dr. Nyi Nyi, Kun Pe
- U Than Pe Lay (Vocalist, Actor)
- U Than Saw (WPD)
Chief Editor of Working People’s Daily
Predecessor : U Khin Maung Latt
Successor : U Ko Lay
Daughter : Aida
Grand daughter : Khin Khin Latt (Mrs. KMZ)
- U Than Sein (PBRS)
- Colonel Than Sein (Revolutionary Council)
- Rakkhine Than Sein (BSPP Secretary)
Purged in the BSPP control struggle
The Secretaries won more votes than the then Number One
- Dr. Than Sit (Sagaing, High School Luyechun, Professor, GBNF)
- U Than Tin (Metallurgy, Saya, USA)
- U Than Tin (M59, RUBC Gold)
- Saya U Than Tin (Thahee, Physics)
Children : Nancy, Edward
- U Than Tun passed away in Yangon in his 90’s.
Sons : Bobby, Harold, Archie
- U Than Tun (Frederick, Maryland, USA) passed away in his 90s.
Children : Khin Swe Oo, Coban
- Thakin Than Tun (Founding member of Burma Communist Party)
Spouse : Daw Khin Gyi
Secretary of Anti-Fascist People’s Freedom League (AFPFL).
Attended several conferences overseas.
Due to ideological differences with the higher authorities and for going underground as Leader of the White Flag BCP, his early contributions to the struggle for Burma’s Independence are not covered in the history books.
- U Than Tun Aung Hlaing (Staff saya, Inlay Lu Ye Chun Camp in 1965).
- U Than Tun Aye (Entrepreneur)
- U Than Win (Alan Khoo, SPHS54, GBNF)
Brothers : Eddie, Owen
- U Than Win (SPED)
Captain of University First Eleven
Director of Sports and Physical Education Department
- U Than Win (M, SPHS63, M69er)
- U Than Win (Henry Wong, SPHS63)
- U Than Win (PBRS, T70, script writer for Thamankyar)
Spouse : Zelma
- Bohmu Thane Myint (PBRS, DSA)
Served in the Air Force, and in the Myanmar Delegation to the UN
Managed the Myanmar Olympic Team for Seoul Olympics in 1988
Parents : Kyaw Zaw, Khin Khin Aye
Spouse : Khin Than Nu (Glory)
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60, IM1 67, Pediatrician)
See Posts (e.g. SPHS)
- Maung Thaung (Boxing)
- U Thaung (Secretary)
Brother : U Thant
- U Thaung (Aung Bala, Kyemon)
- U Thaung Aye
- Bogyoke Thaung Dan (BAF)
- U Thaung Han (Artist)
- U Thaung Han (Physics, RUBC)
- U Thaung Htut (Minister)
- U Thaung Kyaw Nyein
Father : Kyaw Nyein
- U Thaung Lwin (EC66)
Past Captain and Gold of RUBC
Brothers : Tin U, Ba Than, Myo Tint, Tin Htoon, Myo Min
- Bohmu Thura Thaung Lwin (SPHS63, DSA, Deputy Minister)
AKA Michael Maung Maung
- Dr. Thaung Myint (RIT Mathematics)
- U Thaung Nyunt (NorCal RITAA)
- U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70)
See Posts (e.g. SPZP-2000)
- U Thaung Sein (SPHS)
- U Thaung Sein (Navy, Sunlun Yogi)
- Commodore Thaung Tin (Navy, Minister)
- U Thaung Tin (EC83, UCC, KMD, Deputy Minister)
Spouse : Tyn Tyn Aye
- U Thaung Win (Philosophy)
Father : U Ba Thaung
- U Thaw (Oil Mill)
Son : Gilbert (Min Thaw)
- U Thaw Kaung (Chief Librarian of Universities’ Central Library)
See Posts (e.g. Librarians)
- Dr. U Thein (Professor of Geology)
Invited his former student U Soe Myint (UCC) and me to be guest speakers first at MASU and later at Mandalay Hall, RASU.
- U Thein (Zawana, Writer)
- Toe Tet Yay U Thein
Son : Win Thein
- Dr. Thein Aung (Chemistry)
- U Thein Aung (Institute of Economics) taught Industrial Management at RIT along with Saya U Tin Nyunt.
- U Thein Aung (Micky Tan, SPHS59, Physics, RUBC Gold, GBNF)
- U Thein Aung (James K Wu, “Myo Daw”, Met 72)
Mr. RIT in 1968.
Founding member of RIT Alumni International.
Joint Master of Ceremony of SPZP-2000
Associate Editor of the commemorative issue of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter” for SPZP-2000.
- U Thein Aung (M72)
Known as “Set Hmu : Maung Thein Aung“.
- Dr. Thein Han (Alexander Sia)
- U Thein Han (Zawgyi) co-founded Khit San Sar Pay.
Chief Librarian of the Rangoon University Central Library
- U Thein Han (Charlie), my lone remaining uncle, worked as Systems Engineer at IBM in Rangoon before moving to the USA.
Shared some of his real-life stories.
- A1 Thein Htut (Freddie Bu, PBRS, Actor and Director)
- Dr. Thein Htut (RUBC Gold)
Parents : Colonel Min Sein, Daw Yin May
Spouse : Wendy
- U Thein Htut (Physics, RASU)
- U Thein Htut (EC83) worked for UCC before moving to private industry.
- U Thein Lwin (Stanley Shwe Gyi, SPHS63)
- U Thein Lwin (EE, GBNF)
See Posts (e.g. RIT EE, Badminton)
- U Thein Lwin (M70, Hluttaw)
- Dr. Thein Maung (EENT)
Father : U Kar
- U Thein Maung (M69)
- Sai Thein Maung (C70, Soccer, Track and Field)
- U Thein Maung (Htin Lin, Writer)
Children : Soe Myint, Soe Win, Kyaw Zaw, Khin Zaw
- Saya U Thein Oo (Ah Thay Lay)
See Posts (e.g. Memories of UCC)
- U Thein Oo Po Saw (Ernest Po Saw, Nuclear Physics, DSA)
- U Thein Tan (C64, Rector of MTU)
- Twante Thein Tan (Vocalist)
- Myanmar Pyay Thein Tan (Musician)
- U Thein Tan (UCC)
- U Thein Tan (Maung Maung Gyi, UCC, GBNF)
- Dr. Thein Tun (SPHS61, EP67) received his doctorate from Australia.
- Dr. Thein Tun (IM1)
- Bohmu Dr. Thein Tun (GBNF)
- Thein Pe (main character in Zawana’s novel Kaw Lwik Jin / Ja Bo)
- U Thein Pe (Thein Pe Myint) : author and politician
- U Thein Sein (former President of Myanmar)
- Daw Thein Wa owned a bookstore.
Son : G Ko Lay
- Dr. Thein Wai (SPHS63, IM2) stood fifth in Matriculation in 1963
Moved to the USA
Brothers : Tin Oo, Aung Khin
- Saya Thet (Vipassana Teacher, Mentor of Sayagyi U Ba Khin)
- U Thet Lwin
See Posts (e.g. Mya Kyun Nyo)
- U Thet Lwin (EC78)
Worked for UCC and PTC before going to Singapore and Thailand
He is now back in Myanmar.
- Maung Tin became known as Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin (Burmese and Pali Scholar, and Principal).
- Sithu U Tin (President of RUBC))
See Posts (e.g. RUBC)
- Myanmar Ah Lin (Publisher of the Burmese newspaper)
- Thakin Tin was a leader of the Nu-Tin faction (AKA “Thant Shin” or “Clean AFPFL”) during the AFPFL split
- Saya Dr. Tin Aung (Physics) was elected as a Patron in absentia by the All Universities’ Saya Association during 8-8-88. Upon his return from the US as a member of the Education, he was forced to resign.
- Dr. Tin Aung (Patrick Aung, Past President of USBMA)
- U Tin Aung (Goalkeeper, Burma & Asia Selected)
- U Tin Aung (M69, GBNF)
- U Tin Aung (Victor Tan, Tekkatho Phone Kywe)
- U Tin Aung Cho (Tennis, Diplomat)
- U Tin Aung Hein (BSPP)
- U Tin Aung Moe (Football)
- U Tin Aung Moe (Eddie Ba Oo, SPHS, Engineer, Musician)
- Dr. Tin Aung Wai (California)
- U Tin Aung Win (C80, ex-UCC, Singapore)
- U Tin Aung Win (M74, Singapore)
- U Tin Aung Win (Tom Aung Gyaw, Australia)
- U Tin Aye (Shan Pyay, Signer of Pinlon Agreement, Author)
- M Tin Aye (Artist)
- Daw Tin Aye (C73)
- Dr. Tin Cho Myint (Marjorie)
- U Tin Gyi
- U Tin Han (Football)
- U Tin Hla (EP69, GBNF)
- U Tin Hla (BSPP)
- U Tin Hla (Labor)
- Saya U Tin Hlaing (M59, GBNF) studied at Purdue University. He headed the Agri Sub-department of Mechanical Engineering department at RIT. He played Tennis. He passed away because of the scarcity of dialysis machines in Burma and the delay in getting a passport to get medical treatment overseas.
- Saya Dr. Tin Hlaing (M63) is a classmate of my elder brother. Saya is also known as “R” and “Byte” to distinguish from the senior U Tin Hlaing. He played soccer. He co-chaired SPZP 2002 held in Singapore. He became a “Tone Kyaw” when his namesake passed away.
- Dr. Tin Hlaing taught Maritime Studies. When he passed away in Singapore, some RIT alumni thought that it was their Saya and notified their friends (wrongly).
- Saya U Tin Hlaing (Professor of Mathematics)
- U Tin Hlaing (SPHS59, ChE65) is a saya at Singapore Polytechnic
- U Tin Hlaing (Le Dwin Thar Saw Chit, Author) was a University Luyechun for the Inlay Khaung Daing Camp in 1965. He received National Literary Awards.
- U Tin Hlaing (UCC)
- U Tin Hlaing Hmee (Pilot)
- Bohmu U Tin Htet Sein (Physics & Electronics) and Bohmu Tin Htoo Sein are twins and Old Paulians. They are younger brothers of Bohmu Thawda Sein and Saya U Myo Myint Sein (Retired Professor of Architecture). All eight brothers are B.O.Bs.
- Dr. Tin Htoo (Geograohy, GBNF)
- U Tin Htoo (Chemistry)
- Bohmu Tin Htoo Sein (Navy) and U Tin Htet Sein (Physics & Electronics) are twins and Old Paulians. They are younger brothers of Bohmu Thawda Sein and Saya U Myo Myint Sein (Retired Professor of Architecture). All eight brothers are B.O.Bs.
- U Tin Htoon (A60)
See Posts (e.g. RUBC)
- U Tin Htun
- U Tin Htun Saing (ICST)
- Saya U Tin Htut (M60) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He co-founded BASES in Southern California. He was an organizer of SPZP-2000 and the Financial Controller of the 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles. He came up to the San Francisco Bay Area several times to attend the activities of RIT Alumni International and NorCal RITAA. He donated K10 Lakhs to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) in January 2017. He donated K100 Lakhs to the YTU Library Modernization Project in December 2018.
- U Tin Htut (Harry Chang, M69) wrote under his pen name “Mon Yu”.
- U Tin Htut (M69) is a sea faring engineer.
- U Tin Htway (M59) switched to Civil after moving to the USA. He co-founded BASES with Saya U Tin Htut and U Tun Tin (David).
- U Tin Kyi (USA)
- Dr. Tin Kyi Win (UK)
- U Tin Latt (SPHS68) and his elder brother Edmund Ba Thin (my former classmate) are Paulians. He rowed for Ye Kyaung Lu Nge with Mg Mg Khant, Mg Mg Thant and Khin Mg Oo.
- HE U Tin Latt (M85, Deputy Minister) is Past President and current Vice President of RITAA, General Secretary of SDYF, and EC Member of MES. U Myo Aye (M94) succeeded U Tin Latt as President of RITAA for the term 2018 – 2020.
- Saya U Tin Lin (ChE72) taught at RIT and Singapore.
- A1 U Tin Maung (Actor and Director) is the younger brother of U Tin Nwe, U Nyi Pu and U Tin Pe (Maung Maung Soe).
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Hmu Tin) was an evangelist for Non-smoking. He wrote technical articles (some based on Popular Mechanics, Popular Electronics and foreign journals). He recommended U Tin Htut (Harry, M69, “Mon Yu”) to write for his magazine and other publications.
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Myat Htan) was a member of the scholars sent to Japan during the Occupation. He is an author.
- Dr. Tin Maung (GBNF) succeeded Saya Dr. Chit Swe as Director of UCC. During his tenure, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) was founded under Rangoon University. He became Rector of ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology). He is the son of Saya U Kar.
- Shwe Mann Tin Maung is a distinguished Zat Mintha. His son Nyunt Win won several academy awards.
- Dr. Tin Maung Aung (Dental Surgeon)
- Dr. Tin Maung Aye (USA) studied under an eminent Theoretical Physicist at the University of London.
- Thura Tin Maung Aye (GBNF) was a senior officer in the Air Force.
- U Tin Maung Aye (M69) played the Accordion at the “RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thin” and “Geeta Seesar”.
- U Tin Maung Htay
- U Tin Maung Htwe
- U Tin Maung Lwin (Kenneth, ex-RUBC)
- U Tin Maung Lwin (brother of U Tin Maung Latt, both ex-RUBC)
- U Tin Maung Lwin (Past EC and BOD, TBSA)
- U Tin Maung Lay (M69, GBNF) passed away on a Friday (Holiday in the Middle East) on his last assignment. He had requested to retire, but his boss asked him to do one more assignment. His company and friends had to double their efforts to ensure that U Tin Maung Lay’s body could be flown back to the US.
- U Tin Maung Maung (Commissioner of Police)
- Dr. Tin Maung Maung Than (Edward Than Maung, SPH65) is a Physicist turned Political Economist.
- U Tin Maung Ni (GBNF) was swimming champion for Rangoon University, Navy, Burma, SEAP and Asian Games.
- U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60)
Studied in the USA.
Came back to Burma on an ocean liner with Saya Allen Htay (C58), Saya U Soe Paing (EE, UCC) and Saya U Ko Ko Lay (UCC, GBNF). Since it was a long trip, they played Bridge in the evenings and became close.
Assigned to teach at the Agriculuraal Institute at Ye Zin. Before reporting for duty, he visited RIT to pay respect to Sayagyi U Ba Than. Sayagyi mentioned that some M/Ag students are having problems following the lectures of Soviet teachers (mostly via the translators), and asked U Tin Maung Nyunt if he would like to join the Agri sub-department of Mechanical Engineering.
President of the RIT Thaing Association.
Hobbies : Hiking, Meditation and Reading.
Three decades ago, he had a heart surgery.
Recently, the medical doctors asked him to have a heart surgery to repair and replace valves.
Two years ago, he donated $500 to NorCal RITAA for the Training Component of the YTU Library Modernization Project.
Recently donated to the YTU Library Modernization Project as a member of NorCal RITAA.
- U Tin Maung Nyunt (Met70)
Spouse : Victoria Simon (Met70, Sayama)
- Saya U Tin Maung Oo (M67, GBNF, spouse of Daw Thida Swe) served as Assistant Superintendent of Workshop under Saya U Phone Myint.
- U Tin Maung Than is an author. He was an invited speaker at the San Francisco Bay Area Annual Literary Talks.
- U Tin Maung Thant (GBNF) attended PPBRS before joining his father UNSG U Thant. He passed away during a visit to Burma.
- Saya U Tin Maung Thein (EE62) is the eldest son of Arznee U Ohn Maung.
- Dr. Tin Maung Wai and Dr. Tin Aung Wai are medical doctor specialists in California.
- Daw Tin May
- Daw Tin May Lwin taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- Daw Tin May Soe (ChE70) taught at ChE. She is the younger sister of U Myint Soe (C67, GBNF) and U Mya Soe (C68, GBNF).
- Tin Moe (U Ba Gyan, Poet)
- Daw Tin Moe Lwin (Master of ceremonies)
- Daw Tin Moe We (Sweetie, UCC, UN)
- Daw Tin Moe We (Vocalists)
- U Tin Mya (Writer)
- Daw Tin Myaing
- U Tin Myint (Geology, brother of Hla Kyi, father of Myat Htoo Razak) coxed two or more teams for the Senior Novices. He is the elder son of Arzani U Razak. He is the brother-in-law of U Khin Maung Latt and U Khin Maung Lay (Henry) who represented the Faculty of Engineering and RIT in several sports.
- U Tin Myint (David Ko, M67) is a Golden Sponsor for SPZP-2000. He also donated $3000 for SPZP-2012. He is a successful entrepreneur.
- U Tin Myint (John T Lee, M69, GBNF) was Lu Ye Chun for 4th B.E. He represented RIT in Table Tennis.
- U Tin Myint (M80) taught at RIT. He posed the question “Which G-Hall Thu named two sayas as U Seik To and Myauk Nyo?”
- Daw Tin Myint is a senior sayama at RIT ChE Department.
- Bohmu Tin Ngwe (C72, Minister)
- A1 U Tin Nwe (Pioneer in the Burmese Movie Industry) . He is the elder brother of U Nyi Pu, U Maung Maung Soe and A1 U Tin Maung (all directors and actors).
- U Tin Nwe (Milton Sein, SPHS62, C68) — President of BASES
- U Tin Nwe (Cowboy, C69, GBNF)
- U Tin Nyein (UCC, PTC)
- Saya U Tin Nyunt (visiting lecturer at RIT for Industrial Management)
- Mintha U Tin Nyunt (contemporary of Shwe Ba)
- Champion Tin Nyunt
- U Tin Ohn (Old member of RUBC)
Sons : U Tin Nyo, U Tin Bo, U Tin Mo, U Tin Wa (past Captain and Gold of RUBC) and U Hla Tin Ngwe (Frankie Ohn, first in Burma in 1959 from SPHS).
- U Tin Ohn (Law Professor)
- U Tin Ohn (Physics, ex-UCC, UN retiree)
- Bogyoke Tin Oo (NLD Leader)
- “Myet Hman” Tin Oo (Military Intelligence)
- Bogyoke Tin Oo (S2, “Twe Bet Hnit”, deceased)
- U Tin Oo (M87) is a sponsor and organizer for the SPZPs in Yangon
- Saya U Tin Oo Hlaing (Physics) was Principal and Rector. He served as interpreter to Saddhamaransi Sayadaw during the dhamma duta mission to the USA.
- U Tin Oo Thaung, son of Sandayar U Sein Thaung, played keyboard for bands including Playboy.
- Brigadier General Tin Pe was a member of the Revolutionary Council. He is the father of Wunna Sithu (EC71) and Nanda Kyaw Swar.
- Daw Tin Po
- U Tin Shein (“Phone Gyi”, M69) represented RIT in Chinlon.
- Saya U Tin Shwe (EP66, GBNF) taught at RIT and ABAC. He became a Sayadaw after retirement.
- U Tin Shwe is a RIT 69er.
- Dr. Tin Shwe wrote under the name “Saya Wun Tin Shwe”. I received several of his books given by his daughter Tyn Tyn Aye (ex-UCC). He is an award winning author and publisher.
- U Tin Si and U Khin Si excel at Tennis and Soccer.
- Bohmu Tin Soe was a Board member for RIT.
- U Tin Soe rowed on the Bow side of the early crew from Defense Services. His crew mates include U Sein Kyaing (Stroke), U Hla Khin (Bow or 3), U Soe Wai (2) and Petty Office U San Myint (Cox).
- Dr. Daw Tin Soe was Medical Superintendent.
- Saya U Tin Swe (EE53) played soccer for the Prome Hall, which won Inter-Hall tournaments for three consecutive years. He also played tennis. He was a power user at UCC along with his former students Dr. San Oo (EP67) and U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69).
- Daw Tin Swe Aye
- U Tin Than (EE71)
- Dr. Tin Than Myint (GBNF) is a psychiatrist and practitioner of meditation.
- Dr. Mehm (Min) Tin Thaung (Dennis, RUBC)
- U Tin Thein (DCA, father of Eddie Tin Thein) used to tell jokes at the Old Members party following the RUBC Regattas. Sample : “I was the Brain. He was the Brawn. Together, we dominated the Coxless Pairs.”
- Daw Tin Tin (Anne Wu, EC69, USA) is the lone female Electrical Engineer from the Class of 69. She donated $300 to the 69er Health Care Fund
- Daw Tin Tin was an officer at the Churchill Post Office. She married a clerk who later became Number One.
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (GBNF) founded PPBRS. Her younger sisters are Daw Yi Yi and Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar, who extended PPBRS to PBRS).
- Daw Tin Tin Aye was Principal of TTC Practicing School.
- Daw Tin Tin Aye is the daughter of Colonel Min Sein and Daw Yin May. She is the younger sister of Dr. Thein Htut (RUBC Gold).
- Daw Tyn Tyn Aye is the daughter of Sayawun Tin Shwe and spouse of U Thaung Tin (KMD).
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (Tin Tin Shu, ex-UCC, USA)
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (Chem) — younger sister of U Saw Oo (PBRS) and Daw Kyi Kyi Tin (PBRS).
- Tin Tin Aye (Mohingar) started with a single shop.
- A1 Tin Tin Hla is the spouse of “Phaw Kaung” Bogyi Win Thein.
- Daw Tin Tin Hla (A70) and her spouse U Aung Khin (A69) retired after working in Botswana and relocated to Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Dr. Tin Tin Hla is a Past President of USBMA.
- Dr. Tin Tin Hlaing (Helen, younger sister of Dr. Tin Tin Hla) is the spouse of U Thein Kyaing (George, T72).
- Daw Tin Tin Hlaing (UCC)
Parents : Dr. Freddie Ba Hli (GBNF), Daw Myint Thwe
Spouse : Htay Aung (Victor)
- Daw Tin Tin Mya (Vocalist)
- Daw Tin Tin Myint (Emma, ChE70) a sayama, a Minthamee, and Mae Daw Gyi
Co-founder of Dana Sri Lanka
Co-founder of Triple Gem Publication
Spouse : Yu Swan (Don Min)
Organize Pon Chan Chan Parties in Singapore.
- Daw Tin Tin Myint studied in Hawaii and relocated to California.
- Daw Tin Tin Nyo (Actress)
- Daw Tin Tin Pyone (Programmer, ex-UCC, FERD)
- Daw Tin Tin Pyone (Admin, ex-UCC)
- Daw Tin Tin Swe
Spouse : Myo Min
- Dr. Tin Tin Wai
- Saya Daw Tin Tin Win (RIT Chemistry)
Spouse : U Myo Myint
- Daw Tin Tin Win
Spouse : Khin Maung Oo
- Daw Tin Tin Win
Spouse : Kyemon U Thaung
- Daw Tin Tin Yee (1) (UCC)
- Daw Tin Tin Yee (2) (UCC)
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Dr. Tin Tun PhD, FRCP ( London), FRCP (Edin) molecular scientist, working in Malaysia, has the distinction of being Burma’s-only Visiting Scientist at the Royal Society of London. Although not a fellow he is regarded as one of the top molecular scientists. Fellows of the Royal Society were Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawkins. I do not know of any other Burmese doctors who are visiting scientists of the Royal Society.
- U Tin Tun (M69) was my classmate from Std. IV(D) at SPHS, I.Sc.(A) and RIT. He studied and taught Naval Architecture and Maritime subjects.
- U Tin Tun (M71) is a pianist and host along with Daw Mar Mar Yee (M75) for the Singapore Pon-Chan-Chan gatherings.
- U Tin Tun (Vernon Stiles) played along side Suk Bahadur for the Army and Burma Selection.
- U Tin Tun, younger brother of Daw Than Than Tint (UCC), studied at UCC.
- U Tin Tun is the brother-in-law of Kya Gyi Ba Swe (Leader of Stable AFPFL).
- L. Tin Tun (Dr. Chris Lee, EE59) taught at the EE Department at RIT. He is a Past President of BASES. He retired from NASA.
- U Tin Tut is the elder brother of U Kyaw Myint, U Myint Thein, Dr. Htin Aung, Daw Khin Mya Mu, Daw Khin Saw Mu and Daw Tin Saw Mu. He is the first Burmese ICS by invitation, Diplomat, Journalist, Brigadier in the Army Reserve, Minister in Bogyoke Aung San’s cabinet and Victim of the political assassination. He is partly responsible for the Classic short story “Bagyee Aung Nyar Dae” which could have been titled “Bagyee Tut Nyar Dae”.
- U Tin U, elder brother of Sayagyi U Ba Than, became RUBC Gold at the 1948 Independence Regatta. He is the most senior surviving Past Captain of RUBC. He is also Past Captain of RGC. I wrote a post about the Kidnapping by his former driver and how he miraculously survived. Dr. Khin Tun (Peter, his son) provided details of the kidnapping.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Prof. U Tin U, elder brother of Saya U Sein Win (RIT EE), Burma’s first professor of child health & Medical Superintendent of the Rangoon Children’s Hospital; WHO Visiting Prof of Paediatrics, Dhaka Bangladesh, Member of WHO Technical Advisory Committee on Child Health, Author of Seven books in Burmese on child health, president of the Myanmar Cross Society, Director General of Medical Education,Director General of Health
- Dr. Tin Wa (SPHS57) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He is an adjunct professor at the University of San Francisco. He paints. He regularly rows sculls. He is the second youngest son of U Tin Ohn, a founding member of RUBC. U Tin Ohn’s sons are U Tin Nyo, Dr. Tin Bo, Dr. Tin Mo, Dr. Tin Wa and Dr. Hla Ngwe Tin (Frankie Ohn, first in Burma in 1959).
- Dr. Tin Win (M62, Past President of BASES, core organizer of 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles)
- Dr. Tin Win (David Ba Htay, Chemistry)
- Dr. Tin Win (Alan De Santoz, Chemistry)
- Saya U Tin Win (M59, Bago)
- U Tin Win (Min69, host of 69er gatherings)
- U Tin Win (younger brother of U Tun Shein (Willie Saing, RUBC Gold))
- Saya U Tin Win (EC71, UCC)
- U Tin Win (Operator, UCC)
- Dr. Ma Tin Win (Educator)
- John Tin Win (Principal, Co-op Training School)
- U Tin Win Aung co-founded MCI with U Thein Oo (UCC)
- U Tin Yee (Lawyer)
- Daw Tin Yee
- Daw Tin Zaw Aye
- Dr. Tint Lwin took the Pure Science Option and hoped to become an engineer. Then, he had a change of mind and wanted to become a doctor. So, after passing the I.Sc. examination, he had to take Biology (Zoology & Botany) classes for I.Sc.(A) and I.Sc.(B). Technically, he was enrolled as 1st MBBS student trying to fulfill the Biology requirements. He played Basketball, Volley and Soccer. He wanted to play the forward position in Soccer, but his friends coaxed him to be a Goalkeeper. He played at the Aung San Stadium along with Collegian Nay Win, Kenneth Shein, and Tun Kyi for the University First Eleven. His spouse Daw Myint Myint Kyi is the elder sister of U Myint Sein (M69, RIT Badminton & 69er HCF).
- U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69) retired as Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at NTU (Nanyang Technological University) in Singapore. He is an accomplished organizer, guitarist and vocalist. He plays the guitar along with Ko Albert Kyaw Min and Ko Robert Win Boh at the 69er gatherings. Saya U Win Mra (RIT English) taught him and his brothers U Kyi Lwin (George, C67) and U Thet Lwin (Henry, EE72) how to play the guitar.
- U Tun Aung (Jeffrey Kamdar, EC68)
- U Tun Aung (Tennis)
- U Tun Aung (Librarian, GBNF)
- U Tun Aye
- U Tun Kyi (Soccer)
- U Tun Kyi (M67, Tennis, GBNF)
- U Tun Kyi (Minister)
- U Tun Kyi (UCC)
- U Tun Khin (DMR)
- U Tun Lwin (Met/Hydro)
- U Tun Lwin (Chemistry, ARDC, Sun Lun)
- Bogyi Tun Maung (Weightlifting)
- U Tun Maung (Book lender)
- Dr. Tun Min
- Bohmu Tun Myint (BAF)
- U Tun Myint (UCC)
- U Tun Naung (Track and Field)
- Tekkatho Tun Naung (BDS, Stereo Khit)
- Dr. Tun Oo
- U Tun Oo Khine (EP69, GBNF)
- U Tun Pe (RUBC)
- Dr. Tun San Maung
- Colonel Tun Sein (Mayor, Ambassador)
- Dr. Tun Sein Lee (USBMA)
- U Tun Shein (Willy Saing, RUBC Gold)
- Saya U Tun Shein (Mathematics)
- Dr. Tun Shin
- Dr. Tun Shwe (Writer)
- Saya U Tun Shwe (M60)
- U Tun Shwe (UCC)
- U Tun Shwe (ChE72)
- U Tun Than
- Dr. Tun Thein (George Thein Maung, Yachting)
- U Tun Thein (A67)
- U Tun Thoung
- Dr. Tun Thin (IMF)
- U Tun Tin (Frankie Wong, Advocate)
- U Tun Tin (David, Co-founder of BASES)
- U Tun Tin (M69)
- U Tun Wai (Actor)
- Dr. Tun Wai (Economist)
- U Tun Win (M)
- U Tun Win (Diplomat)
- U Tun Yi
- U Tun Yin
- U Tun Zan (RUBC Gold)
- Dr. Tun Zaw