- It is an adjective.
- Smarter and Smartest are the comparative and superlative forms of Smart.
Conventional and Unconventional Wisdom
Thomas Edison said, “Success is due to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration”.
Newer thinking : “Work smarter. Not harder.”
Smart Card and Devices
- I worked for a Defense Contractor.
- My assignment was at DMDC (Defense Manpower Data Center).
Every employee and contractor was issued a Smart Card, which has a processor and memory to hold Biometrics (e.g. fingerprint), Photo ID, and Cryptographic Keys.
One has to use a Smart Card to (a) enter specified areas of the building (b) logging on to a computer system.
Smart cards were not cheap at that time, and there were limitations in the resources (e.g. memory on the card)
- Smart devices (e.g. smart phones) are ubiquitous.
Smart cars (e.g. driver-less) are available.
SMART is an acronym for setting Objectives.
- S => Specific
- M => Measurable
- A => Achievable
- R => Realistic
- T => Time-bounded
(SMARTER (which extends SMART) is a lesser used acronym.
SMART Group of Companies
- U Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing founded the group in Myanmar.
- SMART Media is a company in the group.