- Oke means “govern”, “manage”, “rule” or “cover”.
- U Ba Oke (EE69er) owns and operates his business.
- Myo Oke is an official in charge of a town or a city.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Some people wanted to name after the ruler of the Sun, the Moon and the Universe. In Medical school, a student changed his name to “Nay Min Oke”. I was told that his two younger brothers also changed their names as “La Min Oke” and “Setkya Walla Oke”.
- U Nay Oke Tint wrote film reviews with the name Nay Oke (St. Paul’s). He is a successful Tuition saya. He is the brother of Sayama Daw Khin Saw Tint.
- Say Yone Oke is a Medical Superintendent.
- Dr. Taing Oke (ChE69) taught at RIT and Japan. He won the National Literary Award and the Sarpay Beikman Sar Mu Su (Manuscript Award). He is also a playwright (Zat Saya).
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60) missed the top 5 spots in the Matriculation examination by 1 – 5 marks. His biography and articles about himself, his mentors and his mentees can be read from the book published for his 70th birthday.
- Yone Oke is an Office Superintendent.
- Oak is a tree.
- “Tie a yellow ribbon round an old oak tree” is from an old song.
- Oakland and Thousand Oaks are US cities.
- Dr. Oak Soe Kha (MEHS70, Luyechun) is an Honorary Paulian
Parents : Dr. Maung Maung Kha and Daw Ruby Kha