- August was the sixth month in the old Roman Calendar, and it had 30 days.
The month was given an extra day and renamed in honor of Augustus Caesar.
- There are several birthdays and Death Anniversaries in our extended family.
- Two sisters, my grand daughter, several cousins and I are August born.
- In Aust 2016, Ko Maurice Chee (M75) organized a birthday soon kwyay for me at the Dhammananda Vihara in Half Moon Bay, California.
The sayas and alumni presented me an Appreciation award.
- Three in-laws : Father-in-law, Mother-in-law and Brother-in-law passed away in August.
- Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa passed away in August.
I served as the Master of Ceremonies at the Memorial Service.
I was member of the Magazine Committee and contributing editor of “Homage to Sayadaw U Silananda”.
- 8-8-88 (August 8, 1988) and the following days mark the hope and then despair of the people longing for the end of the Adhamma Era.
- The event was inspired in part by numerologists who remembered the historic event (about Mingyi Yan Naung) in 888 Burmese Era and extrapolated the magic of No. 8 from three 8’s to four 8’s.
- The organizers fed news to a BBC correspondent.
- Most Chinese think that the number 8 is lucky.
For example, Beijing Olympics was opened on 8-8-08 (August 8, 2008).