The list is not exhaustive.
Sayagyi U Ba Hli, Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University
- First native Dean to head the Faculty of Engineering of Rangoon University.
- Per request from Sayagyi U Aung Khin, Sayagyi Dr. Freddie Ba Hli (EE) wrote about his beloved father for the commemorative issue of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter” for SPZP-2000. The article has been re-posted in the newsletter updates and in the RIT Alumni Facebook Pages.
- Passed away in his house on U Wisara Road in Rangoon.
- Three Generation of engineers
Sayagyi Dr. Maung Maung Kha (Physics), Interim Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University
- Longest tenure among Rangoon University Rectors
- Plays the violin well
- Used to accompany Saya U Ba Kyi (famous Artist and “translator/composers of songs”) singing “Hne Yauk Hte Nay Chin De” in Myanmar/Burmese and English.
- Passed away in Yangon
Sayagyi U Yone Mo, Rector, BIT/RIT
- Retired Chief Engineer (or higher) at Burma Railways
- Dean, Faculty of Engineering (then known as BIT)
- Rector, RIT (under the then new Education System)
- Proponent of taking naps to keep one healthy.
- Saya U Kyaw Sein experienced the gentle nature of Sayagyi and recorded in comments under Sayagyi’s photo in the RIT Alumni Facebook Pages.
Sayagyi U Kyaw Tun (Electrical)
- Saya of our sayas.
- Joined the Department of Electrical Engineering
- Continued teaching until his retirement
- Recruited Saya C. Ping Lee to join EE department in 1950.
- “Doctor” Tin Aung Win wrote a short note about his beloved father-in-law.
- Passed away in Burma after visiting his daughter Dorothy in Australia.
Saya C. Ping Lee, Lecturer in Electrical Engineering, BOC College
- Contemporary of Saya U Kyaw Tun
- Former students included the late Professor Saya U Sein Hlaing, Electrical.
- Dr. Win Aung (M 62) wrote about his father in the “Post Reunion” series of SPZP-2000.
- Saya U Htin Paw (EE 58), U Aw Taik Moh (C54) and Saya Dr. San Hla Aung (C58) shared their memories of Saya C. Ping Lee.
- Saya passed away in Berkeley, CA in 1987.
U Than Lwin (Eric, Economics, Faculty of Social Science)
- Adjunct Librarian, Social Science Library
- Taught as Visiting Lecturers at BIT
U Maung Maung (M.E.E) (B.P.I.), Research Engineer with UBARI
- There were several connections between BIT/RIT and UBARI.
- Some who went for further studies on UBARI scholarship later joined BIT/RIT as full-time or part-time sayas.
U Sein Hlaing, Professor (Electrical)
- Gold Medalist at MIT.
- Taught at BIT/RIT until retirement.
- Passed away a few years after retirement.
U Kyaw Min (1933 – 1999)
- Eldest son of Wunna Kyaw Htin U Ba Gyaw and Daw Aye Kyi.
- Alumnus of MIT
- Part-time saya at Architecture Department.
- Pen name : “Bi Thu Kar” Kyaw Min.
- Passed away at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, the 1st of July 1999 at the Rangoon General Hospital
- He was receiving treatment for a liver ailment since March 1998.
U Tin Hlaing (M 59, Agricultural)
- Studied at Purdue University.
- Headed Agricultural Sub-Department under Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Sayagyi U Aung Khin wrote “A tribute to Saya U Tin Hlaing” for SPZP-2000.
The article has be re-posted in the newsletter updates and in the RIT Alumni Facebook Pages.
U Win Kyaing (Mining)
- Studied in the US.
- Head of Petroleum Engineering Sub-Department under Mining Engineering
- Nick name : “Ngu Yin Kong Kee”.
- Spouse : Sayama Daw Muriel Tun Gyaw.
- Paternal uncle of Ko Maurice Chee (M75)
Sao Kan Gyi (English)
- Alias : Tony
- Pen name : “Khemarat”
U Chin Way (Electrical)
- Active in SPARK.
- Was offered a job [promptly] by his interviewers after learning that their boss U Tun Aung (Jeffrey, EC68) was a student of Saya.
- Passed away in the US.
U Win Maung (Civil)
- Active as a “Lan Zin Lu Nge” Organizer.
Daw Tin Tin Ohn (Amy Thwin, T 61, Textile)
- Sayama was among the pioneering female students at BIT/RIT.
- Passed away in the mid-1990s of cancer.
- Her younger sister Daw Ni Ni Thwin (Dolly, T64) also passed away in the late 1990s.
Daw Nyunt Nyunt Yee (Electrical) (EP 72)
- Head of Electrical Engineering (Power) Department at RIT/YIT/MIT
- Widow of Saya U Sein Hlaing (Electrical)
- Passed away om Jan 05, 2000.
Later GBNFs include
U Tin Swe, U Sein Win, Dr. San Tint, U Soe Min, U Thein Lwin, U Tin Shwe, U Kyaw Naing, … (Electrical)
U Num Kok, Allen Htay, U Myint Soe, … (Civil)
Dr. Maung Maung Win, … (Chemical)
U Maung Maung Than, U Shwe Yi, U Hla Shwe, … (Textile)
U Han Tun, U Khin Maung, U Myo Win, U Kyaw Sein, U Hla Thwin, … (Mechanical)
Sai Yee Laik, … (Architecture)
U Sein Shan, Dr. Saw Tin … (Mathematics)
Daw Nyein, U Hlwan Moe, Daw May Than Nwe, U Saw Hlaing, … (Physics)
Daw Than Than, … (Chemistry)